Ribbons, Outlook Business Contact Manager

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Ribbons, Outlook Business Contact Manager

Jason Coley

Hi there,

Is it possible to add ribbons to business contact manager, any controls added to my Outlook Contact Inspector are not shown on Business Contact Manager Inspector.

Jason
Posted 18 Feb, 2007 20:14:51 Top
Jason Coley

any help with this one?
Posted 19 Feb, 2007 19:36:12 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Jason,

Sorry for the delay. I have just created and tested a simple add-in under Outlook 2007 with BCM. Works fine. Please check the Ribbons property of your TadxRibbonTab component.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 20 Feb, 2007 03:19:29 Top
Jason Coley

I have msrOutlookContact set to true, what else needs to be set, as I said it works on normal contacts, just not business contact manager contacts.

Jason
Posted 20 Feb, 2007 04:47:48 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Jason,

My test add-in works correctly both in case of a normal contact inspector and a BCM contact inspector. Could you please send me your project for testing?

Posted 20 Feb, 2007 05:59:04 Top
Jason Coley

OK I haven't worded this very well, in my addin add a group to the Contact tab in the contact inspector item, so to do this I use the msoID TabContact for normal contacts.

What msoID do I use to add a group to the Business Contact tab in the BCM Contact Inspector.
Posted 22 Feb, 2007 04:41:55 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the information.
I don't know the ID of "Business Contact" tab because it is not a standard tab control but rather a custom tab control of the Business Contact Manager add-in.

Posted 22 Feb, 2007 06:39:01 Top
Jason Coley

so is it possible to add to this tab (its from the BCM com addin) if I find the ID, could I conceivably add controls to another addins tab using ADX?

Also do you know if it is possible to find ids of other custom tabs and controls?

Posted 24 Feb, 2007 16:28:14 Top
Jason Coley

this is from a FAQ on the MS site....

How do I create two add-ins that add items to the same group or tab?The idQ property of controls exists to enable multiple add-ins to share containers, such as custom tabs and groups.

Does ADX support the idQ property, if so then I should be able to use this, if the BCM uses it and if I can find the BCM idQ property value?
Posted 24 Feb, 2007 16:35:06 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Jason,

so is it possible to add to this tab (its from the BCM com addin) if I find the ID, could I conceivably add controls to another addins tab using ADX?

I think it is impossible in this particular case even if you know the id or idQ properties of the BCM tab. The point is that the same RibbonID ('Microsoft.Outlook.Contact') is used for the normal contact inspector and for the BCM contact inspector, and the IRibbonExtensibility.GetCustomUI method will be called only once for the first inspector opened. So, you can't have two different UIs for these inspectors and that is why I would suggest using your own Tab with your controls.

Also do you know if it is possible to find ids of other custom tabs and controls?

At the moment I don't know any way to get a list of IDs (or idQs) of custom add-ins.

Does ADX support the idQ property, if so then I should be able to use this, if the BCM uses it and if I can find the BCM idQ property value?

Yes, Add-in Express supports the idQ property. If you fill the TAddInModule.Namespace property, your add-in will use the idQ property instead of the id property for the identification of your controls.

Posted 26 Feb, 2007 06:46:41 Top