Thread Error: Access is denied (5)

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Thread Error: Access is denied (5)

Jason Coley

Hi there,

I have a few addins now, but it seems that since I have added an addin that creates Inspector form regions I get an error, Thread Error: Access is denied (5).

Now, I can reproduce this on WinXP, Office 2003.

I open a contact card, that uses the inspector forms, leave it open, then go to inbox, open an email inspector window, then close it, then open it again, the error appears. This is the same on a Virtual PC and a customers machine.

The error appears once before the email opens and then again when the email is closed.

The worst thing is there are two other addins that each add a right pane to the Outlook explorer. Now i get an error for each addin, so three errors on email open and three on email close.

Any ideas?

Jason

Posted 25 Jan, 2007 14:52:55 Top
Jason Coley

After more testing it also appears that I can reproduce this with just my explorer addins, if I go to a contact folder, where there is a right pane added, open a contact, then leave the contact open, then go to the inbox open an email twice the error will appear.

Jason
Posted 25 Jan, 2007 14:56:42 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Jason,

Do you use the latest version (3.#)?
Posted 26 Jan, 2007 11:18:18 Top
Jason Coley

yes this is using the latest versions of adx with bds2006 all updates.
Posted 28 Jan, 2007 14:33:54 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Hi Jason,

I have created three add-ins that add a right pane to the mail and contact explorers as well as to to the mail and contact inspectors. I followed your instruction but can not reproduce the error.
Could you please create test add-ins with the same behavior and send the projects to me.
Posted 29 Jan, 2007 06:30:35 Top
Jason Coley

I sent the test project, have you made any progress on the issue?

Jason
Posted 30 Jan, 2007 12:40:38 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Jason,

I've just sent you a link to download the latest version with this bug fixed.

Please, let me know about the result.
Posted 01 Feb, 2007 08:50:12 Top
Jason Coley

Looks good so far, initial tests here look good and i have sent the updated addins to my customer.

Her initial tests resulted in the error still showing, but I installed the software again on her system remotely and the error has thus far not shown up since. I think she may have missed something in the installation.

So good work for finding that and a very big thank you to your team.

Jason
Posted 02 Feb, 2007 04:15:21 Top