What can I do with Add-in-express

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Gert Hoogeboom

Hello,

I am thinking of buying Add-in-express for VCL.

Can I think of it as a replacement for de standard server component of Delphi 2006 ?

I have a application that makes use of word en excel for reporting issues, can I do this with Add-in-express ?

When wil there be support for Office 2007, or is it allready working with Add-in-express.

Thanks in advance

Gert Hoogeboom
Posted 06 Nov, 2006 02:18:32 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Gert,

Thank you for your interest in Add-in Express VCL.

The main destination of Add-in Express is developing COM Add-ins for Microsoft Office 2000, 2002/XP, 2003. The main difference between Add-in Express and a standalone application is that the code of Add-in Express is executed from inside of an Office Application. So, you will have to work from inside of host applications. From the information of your post I cannot tell you for sure if it is possible to rebuild your application into a COM Add-in. If you give me more details about your application I will try to work out possible scenarios.

Posted 06 Nov, 2006 11:30:00 Top
Gert Hoogeboom

We demolish buildings. Therefore we make prices, these pricing ( offertes ) we generate in our aplication and to send a letter to our customer, with these prices, we export these to word or excel. After we have generated these letter we save them in a sql database ( NOT ON DISK ).

I think it can't be done from word or excel, only from our application.

Works your application also in office 2007 ?
Posted 07 Nov, 2006 06:13:01 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Gert,

Agree, I don't think either that one add-in can comprise all necessary functionality.

COM Add-ins based on our ADX work in Office 2007 but since the current version of Add-in Express doesn't support Ribbon yet, they don't look very smart.

Posted 07 Nov, 2006 06:49:53 Top
Gert Hoogeboom

Hi,

Agree, I don't think either that one add-in can comprise all necessary functionality.

Do you know any third party component what can do that ?

COM Add-ins based on our ADX work in Office 2007 but since the current version of Add-in Express doesn't support Ribbon yet, they don't look very smart.

When will there be a new release with ribbon support in it. And suppose I buy your product now, is upgrading then free ?

Thanks in advance

Gert Hoogeboom
Posted 07 Nov, 2006 07:21:27 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Gert,

Do you know any third party component what can do that ?

I don't know a component that can do it.

When will there be a new release with ribbon support in it. And suppose I buy your product now, is upgrading then free ?

It depends on the package you choose. Please see the following link for more detail:

http://www.add-in-express.com/add-in-delphi/pricing.php

Posted 07 Nov, 2006 09:30:44 Top