Incompatibility with Swish Presenter?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Incompatibility with Swish Presenter?
My Addin crashes PPoint after Presenter is installed 
Nicholas Glasier

I just tried an add-in for Powerpoint 2003 called Swish Presenter, which converts presentations to Swish compatible Flash animations files. An addin using Add-in Express which had been working fine up to now suddenly started causing PPoint to crash. Uninstalling my addin stopped the crash. Uninstalling Swish Presenter and then re-installing mine also stopped the crash. Any ideas what might cause such an incompatibility?

I have notified Swish of this problem but received no reply yet.

Neither add-in appears in the list of Add-ins dispalyed with Tools--> Add-ins.

TIA Nick
Posted 29 Jul, 2006 03:34:52 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Nick,

I have just downloaded a trial version of Swish Presenter and tested it with a simple COM Add-in. You are right, PowerPoint crashes. I have tried to debug my test add-in and didn't see any exceptions in our code. I also tried to test Swish Presenter with some add-in based on Add-in Express .NET edition and result is the same. So, please contact the Swish Presenter support service regarding the issue.

Posted 29 Jul, 2006 08:06:40 Top
Nicholas Glasier

Will do Dmitry, their website contact form says it may take up to 48 hours to reply, I'll let you know when they do.

Nick
Posted 29 Jul, 2006 18:38:49 Top
Nicholas Glasier

Just to update this thread:

Swish have ben in contact with me, and asked for a sample add-in to do their own testing with. I sent them a compiled dll for a basic PowerPoint add-in, but haven't heard anything back yet. Would also point out that I have another add-in (from Systran) that appears in every Office application I have. It does not cause any problem with the add-ins I write using Add-In-Express, and there is no conflict with the Swish add-in either.

Nick
Posted 07 Aug, 2006 04:46:53 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the notification.

Posted 07 Aug, 2006 04:54:08 Top