Add-In Installation Problem

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add-In Installation Problem
I can not register add-in dll using a windows account which has not administrator privileges 
Destaque Empreendimentos em Inform?tica

Hi for everybody,
we made an office extension using AddIn Express solution VCL, but when we try register the generated DLL, it only works if we use an administrator account, and executing the command prompt with administrator privileges.
We are trying to register the DLL with a comand like: "regsvr32 <dllname>"

How can we register without administrator privileges (because we need install it in computers of a company where the users have not administrator privileges)?

Are we registering correctly?

Regards,
Sergio R. S.
Posted 30 Oct, 2014 08:13:32 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Sergio,

Please check section Registering with User Privileges, see the PDF file in the folder {Add-in Express}\Docs on your development PC. Please let me know if this works for you.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 30 Oct, 2014 09:04:02 Top
Destaque Empreendimentos em Inform?tica

Thank you Andrei.

In fact, I forgot the <project name>.ini file, but I had also a problem with my instalation package, because together with addin installation, our installer calls the OpenSSL installer, which needs admnistrator privileges.

So, when the installer was registering the DLL, it did not appear in the Office (because the DLL was registered to the administrator, and not to current user).

Regards,
Sergio
Posted 10 Nov, 2014 10:27:17 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Sergio,

Can I regard the issue solved?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 11 Nov, 2014 09:15:02 Top