OnADXAfterCellEdit not called sometimes

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

OnADXAfterCellEdit not called sometimes

Mark K

Hi Team,

I have two functions connected to OnADXBeforeCellEdit and OnADXAfterCellEdit which handle disabling and re-enabling my ribbon controls during cell editing just like the other Excel buttons.

I just came across an issue as follows:

1. Click on the 'fx' button next to the cell entry box and the dialog to select a function is shown. At this stage OnADXBeforeCellEdit is triggered correctly.
If you cancel at this stage the OnADXAfterCellEdit is also triggered correctly.
2. If you don't cancel and select any function, the dialog for that function is shown.
3. Click cancel or complete the dialog box and OnADXAfterCellEdit is not triggered even though you are no longer doing cell editing.

If you can provide a workaround that would be great otherwise any help appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Mark
Posted 13 Jun, 2012 23:24:24 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Mark,

I've reporduced the issue. It is now filed down under #4116. Thank you for reporting this.

At the moment I cannot tell when it is going to get fixed; we need to look into this. As to a workaround, I need to think about this. As soon as I have anything, I'll drop a note here.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 14 Jun, 2012 03:09:06 Top
Mark K

Thanks very much for the quick response Andrei.
Posted 14 Jun, 2012 03:47:49 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Mark,

I've just sent you an email describing a workaround. Please let me know if it works on your side.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 14 Jun, 2012 07:32:16 Top
Mark K

Hi Andrei,

Just to close off the topic... The fix worked perfectly. Thank you for your quick response.

Regards

Mark
Posted 18 Jun, 2012 03:40:52 Top