Excel Add-ins, UDFs, RTDs, XLLs
With Add-in Express you can create Excel application-level extensions including COM add-ins, smart tags, real-time data servers (RTDs), user-defined function add-ins (UDFs, Automation add-ins) and XLL add-ins. Essentially, Add-in Express provides fully featured solutions for all Excel extensions.
For instance, without deep learning and routine coding you can develop an XLL add-in that supports:
- Multithreaded calculation (x86 and x64)
- Cell modifications and XLL-specific events
- Large data arrays and Unicode
- Function categories and function descriptors
- Calling built-in worksheet functions
- Running hidden functions and macros
- Accessing the Excel object model
Your XLLs perform like native binaries
Finally, XLL add-ins based on Add-in Express perform like native binaries written in C++, yet your XLLs (as well as other Add-in Express solutions) remain secure, managed and isolated since it is still .NET at the core.