Properties removed from PropertyAccessor sometimes "resurfacing"?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Properties removed from PropertyAccessor sometimes "resurfacing"?
Issue with Sent Items - Outlook 365 - Cached Exchange Mode? 
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Pino,

Set oFoo.Interval = 500 instead. Does this work?

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 15 Oct, 2019 01:41:07 Top
Pino Carafa

Hello Andrei,

No... Or rather.... I sent 4 emails in quick succession. Of the four emails 3 are showing that message, one appears to be ok.

Then, to speed it up even further, I composed 4 emails simultaneously so that four windows were open ready to send and then I hit send,send,send,send

All four of those are showing the message.

Even more interesting. I added code to actually set a value in the User Property and I added the User Property to the View in the Sent Items folder. I composed 4 emails simultaneously and I hit send, send, send, send.

This is the Debug output which looks fine:

!!! ItemAdd
!!! ItemAdd. UP not found
!!! ItemAdd. New Property added and Mailitem not Saved so this should be all good.
!!! ItemAdd. email saved.
!!! ItemAdd
!!! ItemAdd. New Property added and Mailitem not Saved so this should be all good.
!!! ItemAdd
!!! ItemAdd

Now get this..... I'm looking at the Sent Items folder and the Debug messages are already displayed in the Immediate window. In the Sent Items folder I can see the value I put in the User Properties in the column against one of the messages.

And then.... after a few seconds .... the value disappears. Without me doing anything. No further messages in the Immediate window either. I'll send you another video illustrating this
Posted 15 Oct, 2019 02:33:48 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Does that warning disappear if you perform Send/Receive?

Does that warning show up if you send emails to you from outside of your Exchange?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 15 Oct, 2019 02:38:08 Top
Pino Carafa

Hello Andrei,

I just sent you another MP4. I tried the same thing first with Cached Exchange Mode ON and then with Cached Exchange Mode OFF.

I will now try your other suggestions.
Posted 15 Oct, 2019 03:20:14 Top
Pino Carafa

> Does that warning disappear if you perform Send/Receive?

No. Once the value "disappears" from the Sent Items, it stays gone and the message shows at the top of the Inspector. I tried Send/Receive and I tried "Update Folders".

> Does that warning show up if you send emails to you from outside of your Exchange?
Actually.... that doesn't apply in this situation as the issue happens in my Sent Items. In my Inbox I have not had the problem. Instead, I tried sending the email from my Exchange to my gmail accounts. The same behaviour happens in Cached Exchange Mode, the User Property "disappears". I did notice something peculiar though while watching the Sent Items folder. When the email first appears there with the property set, it also shows the TO address as
'ro*******@gmail.com'
Then as the Userproperty is blanked out, the TO address changes to
ro*******@gmailcom - the single quotes disappear.
Posted 15 Oct, 2019 03:30:10 Top
Pino Carafa

"In my Inbox I have not had the problem."

That's not right. I switched to our own add-in and I sent 4 emails from my gmail account to my Exchange account. With Cached Exchange switched OFF everything is fine. But when Cached Exchange is switched ON I do get the message on some of my inbox items. It just doesn't appear to be quite as bad as with the Sent Items, and as opposed to the Sent Items where I have a User Property named SentItemChecked, in the Inbox I have a User Property named ReceivedItemChecked and it is always set, even when the message is displayed at the top of the Inspector.
Posted 15 Oct, 2019 04:02:23 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

The warning suggest clicking it to see other versions of the email. Does clicking it opens any email? If yes, what folder does such an email originates from? does the email contain the UserProperty?

Also, try using _Mailitem instead of Mailitem in that code.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 15 Oct, 2019 05:05:52 Top
Pino Carafa

> Does clicking it opens any email?

Yes it does - it opens the "other version" in a new Inspector. To my untrained eye the two copies look identical... *but* here is where it gets interesting.
Both the "original" message and the copy that is shown look identical, but when I click on the File tab in the Inspector window ...

> what folder does such an email originates from
On both messages, when I click on the File Tab in the Inspector window there is a button to "Move item to a different folder". In the original item, to the right of that Button it says "Current Folder: Sent Items". In the "other version", however, it says "Current Folder: Conflicts"

> does the email contain the UserProperty
*blush* ... I can't seem to find a way to show an email's "User Properties" through the Inspector Window. How do I do that?

I'll try your suggestion to use _Mailitem next
Posted 15 Oct, 2019 05:32:00 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

New info.

I've reproduced the issue.

The item opened from Sent Items:
- doesn't have the UserProperty object
- originates from the SentItems folder (this is expected)
- has an item in the MailItem.conflicts collection.

The other item:
- has the UserProperty
- originates from the folder Sync Issues\Conflicts
- has an item in the MailItem.conflicts collection.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 15 Oct, 2019 05:39:27 Top
Pino Carafa

Ok that's brilliant.... Now .... can we avoid the problem?
Posted 15 Oct, 2019 06:05:17 Top