Unable to open broker pipe.

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Unable to open broker pipe.

Subscribe
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

In the main menu choose View and then click Properties Window or press {F4}. Maybe its width or height is set to a minimum? Also check https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/carloc/2007/09/26/my-goodness-weres-gone-my-properties-window/.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 31 Jul, 2017 06:56:22 Top
zipi sompo

I can not find..
can you see my computer with any desk?
Posted 03 Aug, 2017 01:16:22 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Zipi,

I would like to access your PC remotely. Is this possible? If yes, I suggest using TeamViewer; in this case you'll need to send me your session ID and password to the support email address; please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 03 Aug, 2017 01:28:48 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Zipi,

zipi sompo writes:
After I installed the latest build, it create only the msi and wixpdb.

Andrei Smolin writes:
I've reproduced the issue. For me, the corresponding .wixProj file contains two GenerateBootstrapper elements that are commented out for some reason.

I've found the reason why that issue occurs for me: the folder {PF(x86)}\Microsoft SDKs\ClickOnce Bootstrapper\ was renamed. That is, for me Add-in Express for IE version 9.5.6127 works correctly. Could youo please make sure that you have this version installed?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 04 Aug, 2017 08:47:31 Top
zipi sompo

Hi,
Yes I have 9.5.6127 version installed.
you wrote me when you connect my machine that I move the project to 2015 VS.
but nothing..
I have same problem:
first - the subject of these post - 'message Unable to open broker pipe'
and second - setup.exe does not create for me. - the problem begin after I install 9.5.6127 version
that I install to resolve message 'Unable to open broker pipe'.

please your help..
Posted 05 Sep, 2017 03:07:43 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Zipi,

zipi sompo writes:
'message Unable to open broker pipe'

Is the broker guid set in IEModule equal to the BROKER_GUID value in the App.config file of the broker project? s AddInExpress.IE.Broker.dll deployed by your installer?

zipi sompo writes:
second - setup.exe does not create for me. - the problem begin after I install 9.5.6127 version

Please wait a bit: we are going to publish a build today or tomorrow. This build should help you solve this issue.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 05 Sep, 2017 06:08:59 Top
zipi sompo

Hi,
Yes,
The BROKER_GUID is ok.
also the AddInExpress.IE.Broker.dll exists after the Installation in the Setup folder.

regards your publish please let me know as soon as it's ready
because i need it urgently.

Thanks!
Posted 06 Sep, 2017 00:55:00 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Zipi,

We've published the new build; please see https://www.add-in-express.com/downloads/adxnet-ie.php.

On the broker. Please make sure you deploy it.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 07 Sep, 2017 04:41:18 Top
zipi sompo

HI,
I install the new build.
but still the setup.exe does not create for me.
Thanks!
Posted 07 Sep, 2017 06:32:14 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Zipi,

Please check if you have the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\ClickOnce Bootstrapper. This is on of the folders that Add-in Express looks for when creating the GenerateBootstrapper elements.

If you open the .wixproj file, you 'll see two GenerateBootstrapper elements commented out (near the end of the file). To let setup.exe be created, you need to uncomment one of the elements and specify the Path attribute. Since you use the WiX Designer, you can use this way: select the WiX project, click the Prerequisites property on the Properties window and specify creating setup.exe and choose prerequisites to be installed.

Doing this for me creates the following GenerateBootstrapper element:

<GenerateBootstrapper ApplicationFile="$(TargetFileName)" ApplicationName="MyAddin175" BootstrapperItems="@(BootstrapperFile)" ComponentsLocation="HomeSite" CopyComponents="False" OutputPath="$(OutputPath)" Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\SDK\Bootstrapper\" ApplicationRequiresElevation="False" Culture="en-US" Condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Debug|x86' " />

Also note that the Prerequisites dialog allows choosing a different prerequisites folder.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 07 Sep, 2017 08:11:53 Top