Weird Issue with Outlook 2007 and WebViewPane

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Weird Issue with Outlook 2007 and WebViewPane

Fedor Shihantsov

Add-in Express team

Hi Kevin,

In this sample, AdxOlForm is hidden when the ADXBeforeFolderSwitchEx event occurrs.

When you click the Inbox folder, the adxOlFormsManager1_ADXBeforeFolderSwitchEx event occurs even if you stay on the same folder. It is a problem.

Please change the adxOlFormsManager1_ADXBeforeFolderSwitchEx event as follows to resolve this issue:

Private Sub adxOlFormsManager1_ADXBeforeFolderSwitchEx(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal args As AddinExpress.OL.BeforeFolderSwitchExEventArgs) Handles AdxOlFormsManager1.ADXBeforeFolderSwitchEx

If Not _refreshCurrentFolderExecuting Then

Dim [B]FolderSwitchOnTheSameFolder[/B] As Boolean = _
             (CultureInfo.InvariantCulture.CompareInfo.IndexOf(GetFullFolderName(args.SrcFolder), _
                  GetFullFolderName(args.DstFolder), System.Globalization.CompareOptions.IgnoreCase) = 0)

If [B]Not FolderSwitchOnTheSameFolder[/B] Then
                If args.SrcFolder IsNot Nothing Then
                    Dim folderName As String = GetFullFolderName(args.SrcFolder)

If IsADXWebViewUrl(DirectCast(args.SrcFolder, Outlook.MAPIFolder)) AndAlso _
                      (CultureInfo.InvariantCulture.CompareInfo.IndexOf(folderName, _
                      AdxOlFormsCollectionItem2.FolderName, System.Globalization.CompareOptions.IgnoreCase) = 0) Then
                        AdxOlFormsCollectionItem2.FolderName = String.Empty
                        ClearFolderWebViewProperties(DirectCast(args.SrcFolder, Outlook.MAPIFolder))
                    End If
                End If
            End If
        End If
    End Sub
Posted 28 Jul, 2010 07:27:06 Top
Kevin Moore

Fedor,

Thank you for the idea but that doesn't solve the problem, it seems to make it worse.

From what I can tell the Inbox folder is treated differently than the other folders. Adding your code snippet doesn't stop Outlook from refreshing the screen with a blank view, it stops the adxolform from being hidden.

In my scenario after I added your code snippet, the following occurrs:

1. I click on the InBox folder.
2. I click on the "Show Webviewpane" button and the form is shown.
3. I click on the Inbox folder and the webivewpane disappears and a white blank portion of the window appears.
4. I click on the Sent Items folder and then back to the Inbox and the webviewpane appears again.
5. I have to click the Hide webviewpane button to hide the form.
Posted 28 Jul, 2010 11:08:31 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Add-in Express team

> 3. I click on the Inbox folder and the webivewpane disappears and a white blank portion of the window appears.
On my side a white blank portion of the window appears too. There is no possibility to avoid it because the FolderSwitch event occurs.

> 4.
Strangely, on my side when I click on the Sent Items folder and then switch back to the Inbox the standard mail list shows up.

Could you please unregister your add-in, install my Test Add-in, write and publish an AVI about the latest scenario. I just want to make sure that my add-in works in a different way on your side.
Posted 29 Jul, 2010 05:24:00 Top
Kevin Moore

Fedor,

I downloaded your test and it looks to work properly. I cannot click on the Inbox folder and I either have to Hide the form or click a different folder. Can you let me know what changes you made?

Thanks for your help.

Kevin
Posted 29 Jul, 2010 13:54:52 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Add-in Express team

Kevin,

Please download the following zip again and see the modified project.
Posted 30 Jul, 2010 05:52:19 Top
Kevin Moore

Fedor,

That is great, can you point me in the direction of differences between the modified project and the regular one as I need to incorporate your changes into my own project.
Posted 30 Jul, 2010 13:16:12 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately, Fedor will not be available for some time. I suggest that you compare the code above with this one: http://www.add-in-express.com/files/projects_pub/adx-x-ol-3-webviewpane_switching.zip.zip.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+2),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 03 Aug, 2010 04:38:21 Top