Using CallByName function?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Using CallByName function?

Josh W

Yes, I did (I think). That doesn't appear to be the problem. Thanks for your help though. Maybe it is just not possible within the architecture of the xll setup. I don't know.

By the way, if this is something that will take some work and requires a custom solution, I have no problem paying you for it. Just let me know how much. I would really like to get this to work though. I am really at an impasse.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Josh
Posted 31 Oct, 2008 08:54:34 Top
Josh W

Hello Eugene, do you know how to use the InvokeMember method in a VB2008 XLL? I'm trying to make it possible for my XLL to call UDF's from VBA on the fly. Do you know if this is possible?
Posted 10 Nov, 2008 02:04:25 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Add-in Express team

Hello Josh,

You can use the Run method of the Application object to call UDF's from VBA on the fly.

By the way, if this is something that will take some work and requires a custom solution, I have no problem paying you for it. Just let me know how much. I would really like to get this to work though. I am really at an impasse.

In such case you can contact the sales department.
.NET, Extended MAPI, Windows Phone & RT
Posted 10 Nov, 2008 07:03:38 Top
Josh W

Thanks will do. I will write an example of what I'm trying to do to sales.

To clarify though, actually, what I want to do is find a way so that the XLL function itself can call custom VBA functions (as opposed to calling XLL functions from VBA). For example, say I have an XLL function to perform integration, and I want the user to be able to write their own functions in VBA, then pass the VBA function to the XLL for integration.

Thanks!
Posted 10 Nov, 2008 18:19:39 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Add-in Express team

Hello Josh,

You can use the Run method of the Application class (see the ExcelApp property).

BTW To get assistance with host applications’ objects, their properties, and methods as well as help info, use the Object Browser. Go to the VBA environment (in the host application, choose menu Tools / Macro / Visual Basic Editor or just press Alt+F11), press F2, select the host application (also Office and MSForms) in the topmost combo and/or specify a search string in the search combo. Select a class/property/method and press F1 to get the help topic that relates to the object.
.NET, Extended MAPI, Windows Phone & RT
Posted 11 Nov, 2008 11:00:14 Top