Mappoint Add In

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Mappoint Add In

Julia Case

I was able to figure out how this works from your sample. May I write a blog entry on how this works with ADX at officezealot?

Julia
Posted 14 Dec, 2004 17:41:57 Top
Eugene Starostin

ADX Team
Add-in Express team

Hello Julia,

Yes, of cource. Thank you.
Posted 15 Dec, 2004 07:07:34 Top
Julia Case

Anyone have any idea after adding a reference to the MapPoint Object COM lib so that I could create an object of type MapPoint.Application when I try to link it complains about

Assembly generation failed -- Referenced assembly 'Interop.MapPoint' does not have a strong name

How can a microsoft assembly not have a strong name?

Julia
Posted 15 Dec, 2004 20:32:08 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Julia,

Try to find Visual Studio SDK instalation folder. Usually it is something like that: <Visual Studio installation folder>\SDK\1.1\Bin.
Find the sn.exe utility and execute the following command line:
sn.exe -k mappoint.snk. As the result you will see the mappoint.snk file in the same folder. Move it to your add-in project folder. Open the project properties dialog and type mappoint.snk into "Wrapper Assembly Key File" property in the General tab. I would advice you to do this for your add-in too. But in this case an snk file should be added to AssemblyKeyFile attribute in AssemblyInfo.cs file in your add-in project,
e.g [assembly: AssemblyKeyFile(@"..\..\myaddin.snk")].
Posted 16 Dec, 2004 07:33:50 Top
Julia Case

The default ADX project creates a .snk file. But note that it isn't the Add In assembly that is causing the error message. It's one from microsoft. When I removed the value from the AssemblyKeyFile line in the AssemblyInfo.cs file it caused the project to build. But then it failed to install properly.

This is one of the reasons I'm eagerly awaiting the 2005 support. Signing is done in a more 'sane' fashion.

I tried just converting a copy of my Add In to 2005, and the Shim failed to compile, I forget the error, and my C++ is REALLY old so I didn't even try to track it down.

Thanks,
Julia
Posted 16 Dec, 2004 15:45:03 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Julia,

You get the error because your Interop.MapPoint.dll does not have a strong name.
The Interop.MapPoint.dll will be signed with strong name automatically if you add the mappoint.snk into "Wrapper Assembly Key File" property.
You just need to rebuild your project.
As for the 2005 support, now it is not possible to use ADX in Visual Studio 2005. We need some time to add the 2005 support to ADX.
Posted 17 Dec, 2004 04:28:09 Top