Calling Send method for InLineresponse MailItem on the custom button click event.

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Calling Send method for InLineresponse MailItem on the custom button click event.
Omkar Deshpande

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for information on the Office issue related to builtin icon use.

Can you please provide some information on first part:
"I have one more question related to look and feel of my new button. I want this button to have look and feel/theme(and similar UI effects of hover over, click etc.) of the Send and other buttons of ActiveInlineResponse window. Is there any way to achieve that."

Thanks,
Omkar
Posted 20 Apr, 2020 05:21:20 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Omkar,

Oh, sorry for missing that question. In fact, you should use built-in Office buttons using CommandBars.GetImageMso() whenever possible. If you need to create custom icons, this is your task to make these icons conform to the Office styles used as Office doesn't suggest anything to help you in this area.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 20 Apr, 2020 05:39:01 Top
Omkar Deshpande

Hi Andrei,

Sorry Andrei, I did not understand your last answer. I might not be able describe the problem properly or not getting your answer due to lack of the knowledge. So let me rephrase question again:

"This question is not related to image/icon used on the button. It is related to properties/theme of the button.

I have added my new button above inlineResponse window's top Pane. So it just sits above Send button. I want my button to react(in sense of UI changes like button border color, button background color change etc) same way on mouse hover or button click on the Outlook's send button. As these UI changes may differ by Outlook version (or may be OS theme), I want it to be same as that of the specific Outlook version. So in short I want my button to have similar UI properties/characteristics as the Send button(all Outlook buttons like reply/fwd,Cc,Bcc etc. in reading pane have similar UI characteristics/theme). Is it achievable using any VSTO properties or Add-in express properties/classes? or am I asking too much. :)"

I wanted to add image for your reference, but don't know how to add it.

Thanks,
Omkar
Posted 20 Apr, 2020 06:13:59 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Omkar,

Omkar Deshpande writes:
Is it achievable using any VSTO properties or Add-in express properties/classes? or am I asking too much.

No. Office doesn't provide anything to help you, either.

With Add-in Express you can learn what Office theme is used; see ADXAddinModule.OfficeColorScheme. Also, you can handle the ADXAddinModule.OfficeColorSchemeChanged event. But this is all you have.

You should create icons supporting different Office schemes and use the property/event above to show the appropriate icon.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 20 Apr, 2020 07:09:49 Top