Add-in is not registered

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add-in is not registered
The add-in registry keys are missing in the locations given in Locating COM Add-ins in the Registry. 
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Try to debug the add-in.

Check that you declare the logger

private static Logger Logger;

And not:

private static Logger Logger = null;

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 16 Jan, 2017 09:23:08 Top
thiede

I can't debug the Add-In because it is on one of our Integration VMs.

I have: private static Logger Logger;
Posted 16 Jan, 2017 09:29:07 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

You can add a number of debug messages to your code; use System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(). You collect the messages at run time using DebugView (see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896647.aspx).

Andrei Smolin
Posted 17 Jan, 2017 07:23:44 Top
thiede

Good Morning,

I found a directory %localappdata%\Microsoft Corporation\C_Program_Files_<MyCompanyName>_<Long_Hex_Number>\user.config. I deleted this directory and it works. Could it be that there was written a crashed user.config perhaps on Load/Unload my AddIn or on Starting/Closing Outlook?
Posted 20 Jan, 2017 01:40:41 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

thiede writes:
Could it be that there was written a crashed user.config perhaps on Load/Unload my AddIn or on Starting/Closing Outlook?

It could!

Andrei Smolin
Posted 20 Jan, 2017 03:20:15 Top
developer_cp

I have the exact same problem, one of the user using Outlook 2013 and Windows 10 was unable to get the outlook addin/adx loader to register. UAC is enabled and I even tried to run Outlook as administrator and still the plugin won't load. Despite in the Outlook Add-in panel that it shows the plugin is loaded (and not in the disabled list), yet non of the ribbon or plugin related UI elements shows up.

I also tried to locate that user.config file Thitede mentioned, but i have no user.config anywhere can be found under the AppData... anything else I can troubleshoot this one off issue with this particular user?
Posted 07 Feb, 2017 10:17:02 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Eric,

On Windows Vista SP1 and all subsequent Windows versions (7,8,10), a per-user add-in won't load if the host application is started via "Run as administrator" and UAC is on. This is how Windows is designed.

developer_cp writes:
Despite in the Outlook Add-in panel that it shows the plugin is loaded (and not in the disabled list), yet non of the ribbon or plugin related UI elements shows up.

Does adxloader.log also confirm that an instance of the add-in module was created successfully?

If the issue is caused by an old version of the user.config file stored on that system (you can confirm this by adding debugging messages), you need to find that file and delete it. Try to search for a keyword the .config file contains.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 08 Feb, 2017 04:33:52 Top