Failure to install add-in for Current User

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Failure to install add-in for Current User
Installer and adxregistrator run without error, but addin is not activated for current user 
Ira Whitman

There is a single add-in module with support for four host applications.

There is no mention of LoadBehavior in adxloader.dll.manifest. The full text of this file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<assemblyIdentity name="Modules.OI, PublicKeyToken=fcb7d2904f2c6795" />
<loaderSettings generateLogFile="true" shadowCopyEnabled="false" privileges="user" configFileName="App.config" />
</configuration>

Should it be otherwise?

(Note that there is no adxloader64.dll.manifest; do I need one?)
Posted 26 Mar, 2014 10:30:40 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Thank you. The manifest is okay. adxloader64.dll.manifest - there's no such entity.

What settings do you have in File | Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings | Macro Settings?

And please try to set LoadBehavior=3 using regedit.exe, see HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\{host}\AddIns\{your add-in ProgID}. I wonder if the value changes back to 0.

Unfortunately, I have to leave in a minute.

Tomorrow, I would like to access your PC remotely. Is this possible? If yes, I suggest using TeamViewer; in this case you'll need to send me your session ID and password to the support email address, see {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. Please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 26 Mar, 2014 10:52:52 Top
Ira Whitman

Trust Center Settings -> Macro were set to Disable all macros with notification.
I changed this to "Enable all ...(not recommended...)" temporarily as a test, but the add-in still did not load.

Regarding LoadBehavior: Although this is initially recorded as 3 when I register the add-in, I found that it is being set to 0 after I manually load the Addin via the "COM Add-Ins" dialog. I then reset it to 3 after closing my Office application, but when I restarted the add-in again did not load.
Posted 26 Mar, 2014 11:15:37 Top
Ira Whitman

To put a "bow" on this and tie it up for other readers...

Through your assistance via remote connection, we (you) found that add-in was still partially registered for "all users" in HKLM hive of registry, and this was blocking the "per user" registration from working correctly. Switching the project back to "RegisterForAllUsers" = true and unregistering cleaned this up.

It now registers successfully on per user basis.
Posted 27 Mar, 2014 10:34:12 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Many thanks for posting this!

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 27 Mar, 2014 10:37:30 Top