Want to add a tab like Main, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks in Outlook

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Want to add a tab like Main, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks in Outlook
Can I add a new Tab like Main, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks in Outlook? 
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Shahid,

I suppose I don't understand you. Could you please let me see "Name and Icon of my custom folder which is displayed at bottom left corner"? A screenshot maybe?

I also suppose there's some misunderstanding with the terminology. The Solution Module component lets you create a top-level solution folder; you set its FolderName property to "Tickets". For this solution folder, you can create a number of subfolders; one of them is My Tickets. All solution folders may have different icons: 1) specify the ImageList locating on the add-in module and containing icons, and 2) specify the required icon.

At run time, the module is displayed among other modules that you see in the bottom left corner (that is, Mail Calendar, etc. are modules, built-in modules); the caption of your module is taken from the FolderName property of the top-level solution folder. You specify the number of modules displayed and the position of your module among them using the NavigationPaneDisplayedModuleCount and NavigationPanePosition properties of the Solution Module component.

Clicking the module causes Outlook to navigate to the Outlook folder created for the top-level solution folder. This generates the ExplorerFolderSwitch event which you use to activate your tab.

If you think I've missed anything, please don't hesitate to point at the omission.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 26 Mar, 2014 03:08:10 Top
shahid

Hi Andrei

How can i add an attachment / screen shot to a topic

Regards
Shahid Iqbal
Posted 26 Mar, 2014 03:58:30 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

See the IMG button right at the top of the Reply Form. Or, you can send me it to the support email address, see {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. When sending the email, please make sure it contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 26 Mar, 2014 04:13:48 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Shahid,

Thank you for sending me the screenshot. First off, you use Outlook 2010! Now I understand why you talk about the icon. As explained above, the caption of your module is taken from the FolderName property of the top-level solution folder. As to the icon, Outlook assigns it and it cannot be changed.

You also said that the ExporerfolderSwitch event doesn't occur for you when you click on the module's caption (Tickets) in the Navigation Pane. Could you please check if it occurs if you click Mail and then Tickets?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 26 Mar, 2014 05:59:02 Top
shahid

Hi Andrei

Thanks for your previous help. Just need a bit more

As you have checked the screen shots of what I am doing. What I want to do is to show number of items in my folder like it is shown for inbox folder at the bottom left corner of outlook.

Is there any way to show that Item count?

Regards
Shahid Iqbal
Posted 27 Mar, 2014 02:00:39 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Shahid,

No. This is part of the Outlook UI logic.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 27 Mar, 2014 02:10:02 Top
shahid

Hi Andrei

Do not know if you can help here or not, do you know how this count is shown at the bottom. I mean what property of the folder outlook uses.

If you do not know that is fine

Thanks & Regards
Shahid Iqbal
Posted 27 Mar, 2014 02:21:50 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Shahid,

This is part of the Outlook UI logic; you cannot influence it. I believe Outlook uses MAPIFolder.Items.Count.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 27 Mar, 2014 03:41:57 Top
shahid

Hi Andrei

Thank you for all your previous help. I need a bit more as well

I want to change Folder Name property of my root folder on ADXFolderSwitch event of the form but it is not changing. What I want to do is to show item count in Folder Name.

Can you please help, how can I achieve this?

Regards
Shahid
Posted 31 Mar, 2014 01:36:14 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Shahid,

Try to start a timer in that event and rename the folder when the timer event occurs.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 31 Mar, 2014 03:20:23 Top