WiX Designer - User Interface Designer

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

WiX Designer - User Interface Designer
WiX setup project created from addin project not working. 
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello MK,

It is scheduled for the end or August. Does deleting the "Program Files Folder" entry help?

I would need to reproduce this. Could you please list the steps that end with this problem?

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 15 Aug, 2014 05:26:55 Top
Mads

Hi

No deleting the folder does not help. My question was answered thuesday by Dmitry "We will fix the bug in the next build of WiX Designer".

--
Mads
Posted 18 Aug, 2014 03:07:20 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Mads,

After deleting the "Program Files Folder" please do the following:
1. Remove the Directory="INSTALLFOLDER" attribute of the Component with Id = "ProductComponent".
2. Remove the ConfigurableDirectory="INSTALLFOLDER" attribute of the Feature with Id = "ProductFeature".
3. Add <ComponentRef Id="ProductComponent" /> child element to the Feature with Id = "ProductFeature".

Your setup project should compile without errors after these modifications.

I suppose you have a per-machine Office add-in project and the Add-in Express wizard created a default per-machine installation project for you (the target folder is Program Files\[ProductName], registry keys in HKLM, etc.). Then you are trying to modify the setup project so that it is installed for the current user only. If it is so, I would suggest that you modify your COM add-in project first (set the RegisterForAllUsers property to False and rebuild the project) and then create and improve a setup project.
Posted 18 Aug, 2014 05:02:19 Top
Keith Tromer

I have the same issues. ADX com addin - using Wix. If I try to add custom interfaces, I get the same errors.

I am actually happy with the default interfaces ADX created. I would just like to change the Bitmaps and User Agreement.

Can you recommend the simplest way to do that please?

thanks,
kt
Posted 20 Aug, 2014 12:29:25 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Keith,

Please check section WixUI Dialog Library | Customizing Built-in WixUI Dialog Sets in the WiX documentation installed on your development machine.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+3),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 21 Aug, 2014 07:06:09 Top