Referenced projects in Web Application are generated strange so build fails

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Referenced projects in Web Application are generated strange so build fails

Ralph Jansen

The project that we are building is a MVC 4 Web Application with config transforms.
The thing that I want is that the standard Microsoft Web Application web.config transforms is fired when I build the wix project just like when you use the standard publish in visual Studio.
If you use the standard publish method, the web.config has the transform changes done as the result. That is also what I want to do.

So the msi should contain the transformed web.config in the package.
Posted 12 Jul, 2013 05:51:07 Top
Ralph Jansen

Sergey, Did you have time to look at my problem?
Posted 15 Jul, 2013 03:27:01 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Ralph,

I am not sure that it is possible to implement in WiX. Please try to use the XslTransformation msbuild task that will transform the web.config file before the setup is built.
Posted 15 Jul, 2013 04:37:40 Top
Ralph Jansen

Hmmm I can't get this to work. Is the automatically harvest property the cause of this? this tutorial is not that difficult but I can't get it to work...
http://www.paraesthesia.com/archive/2010/07/30/how-to-consume-msdeploy-staged-web-site-output-in-a.aspx

Can you otherwise tell me how to exclude the web.config from the WIX installer? So not the .config files but the whole file web.config.

Thanks
Posted 15 Jul, 2013 08:26:42 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Ralph,

The harvest property doesn't transform anything. It just run Heat.exe. Please open the source code of the wixproj file in Visual Studio or Notepad. You will see how we use the XslTransformation task to transform output files of the Heat.exe tool.
To exclude the web.config file from the Content Project Output you need to set the 'Build Action' property of the Web.config file to 'None'.
Posted 15 Jul, 2013 10:16:38 Top