Uninstall option in toolbar

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Uninstall option in toolbar
I want to crate a uninstall button in the toolbar (without using Control Panel) 
Ronald Abegg

Hi Sergey,

Now I checked Windows Installer 4.5 as a prerequisite but with no solution, is there something else I am missing?

Thanks in advance

Ron.-
Posted 04 May, 2011 14:57:41 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Ronald,

Please try to install a simple Windows Forms application with the same prerequisites.
Does it work as expected?
Posted 05 May, 2011 05:23:44 Top
Ronald Abegg

Hi Sergey,

The installer of a simple windows form application with the same prerequisites works, it doesn't ask me to download the .NET Framework 4 if the OS already has it. I tried this in the same VM where I'm having the issue with my toolbar, also I test it on a fresh install of WinXP and it does ask me to download and install .NET Framework and Windows Installer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Posted 05 May, 2011 11:27:57 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Ronald,

What is set in the Localization property of your setup project? Probably the language doesn't correspond to the OS localization. Please check it.
Posted 06 May, 2011 06:58:10 Top
Ronald Abegg

Hi Sergey,

I'm using Spanish (es-ES), the thing is we're developing a toolbar for a region where people speaks Spanish, and some of them might have the OS in English (or any other language); is there a way to make it work in any OS language?
Posted 06 May, 2011 10:51:50 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Ronald,

You need to make the setup version-neutral. Just set the Localization property to Neutral (it is by default in the setup projects).
Posted 07 May, 2011 05:25:12 Top
Ronald Abegg

Hi again Sergey,

I used the default Localization for my setup project, but when I tried to install with .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (and Full) I get this error: "A failure occurred attempting to install the .NET Framework 4 Full", so I tried to install the framework manually, and this error appeared: "Setup has detected that this computer does not meet the requirements to complete this operation. Blocking Issues: You must install the 32-bit Windows Imaging Component (WIC) before you run Setup. Please visit the Microsoft Download Center to install WIC, and then run Setup."

This is in a fresh XP Professional SP2 PC, it doesn't even have a antivirus or anything at all.

For me is not big deal to go step by step downloading manually all the prerequisite for my toolbar, but is not an option to release it like this, I need the installation process in one step, or at least it has to automatically download all the prerequisites.

Please let me know how can I solve this. I searched a little bit about WIC and .NET Framework 4, it supposed to be required in Windows Server 2003, and not in XP, but I'm not sure about that, I'd really appreciate some help here once again.

Thanks in advance!
Posted 09 May, 2011 14:47:45 Top
Ronald Abegg

Sergey, another thing, I tried the installer in Windows Vista Business SP2 (32 bit Spanish), but the installer runs in English when I use the default location for the setup project, I need the installer to be in Spanish, is there a way to make it work using ES_es in the setup project?

Thanks again

PS: The toolbar get installed fine after downloading the .NET Framework 4 from microsoft site, I'm using the same installer I've been using this morning in WinXP Professional 32 bit.
Posted 09 May, 2011 16:43:56 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Ronald,

This is in a fresh XP Professional SP2 PC, it doesn't even have a antivirus or anything at all.

To resolve this issue you need to install all the latest updates (E.g. SP3 for Windows XP).

I tried the installer in Windows Vista Business SP2 (32 bit Spanish), but the installer runs in English when I use the default location for the setup project, I need the installer to be in Spanish, is there a way to make it work using ES_es in the setup project?

The localization of the .NET Framework installation should correspond to the localization of OS. Please look at the prerequisite directory. You will see all languages which are supported by the .NET Framework v4.0 prerequisite. To make the setup in Spanish you need to change the Localization property. You can only use languages listed in the editor of the Localization property. If you need any additional languages, you need to use a third party installer (E.g. InstallShield). Also please read the following chapter:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kcx25hzz(v=VS.100).aspx

The toolbar get installed fine after downloading the .NET Framework 4 from microsoft site, I'm using the same installer I've been using this morning in WinXP Professional 32 bit.

When you download the .NET Framework from the Microsoft's web site, the script detects the language of the operating system.
Posted 10 May, 2011 05:23:08 Top
Ronald Abegg

Hi Sergey,

To resolve this issue you need to install all the latest updates (E.g. SP3 for Windows XP).

So users without SP3 in Windows XP won't be able to install my toolbar? Can I make an automatic upd ate of SP3 as a prerequisite on the install process? Or do you have any other suggestions?

I'll check the Localization se ttings in the computers I'm testing the installer.

Thanks a lot for everything.
Posted 10 May, 2011 10:20:05 Top