Check outlook account on sending message

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Check outlook account on sending message

bluewwol

bluewwol writes:
Are you saying that sending a forwarded item causes your code to fail when it invokes {the item being sent}.QueryInterface(IID__MailItem, IMail)?

Andrei;

That is correct, the code works as expected when it is a new email, but when it is a forward or a reply it raises the exception.

-Allen
Posted 31 Jan, 2022 14:49:43 Top
bluewwol

bluewwol writes:
Are you saying that sending a forwarded item causes your code to fail when it invokes {the item being sent}.QueryInterface(IID__MailItem, IMail)?

That is correct
Posted 31 Jan, 2022 16:32:36 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Allen,

I've updated sent you and sent it to you.

Regards from Poland (CET),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 01 Feb, 2022 12:59:33 Top
bluewwol

bluewwol writes:
I've updated sent you and sent it to you.

Thank you, that does solve my problem, however I still dont fully understand. If I generate a new _TLB.pas file it generates with server elements included. (I have manually deleted these for now) so my question is when and how should this file be re-generated?

I used this command "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\bin\tlibimp.exe" -P -O+ wwolAddIn.dll
which generated a different result than what you sent back to me; what is the best way to do this?

-Allen
Posted 01 Feb, 2022 17:36:40 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Allen,

bluewwol writes:
with server elements included

What are these? If these are Office-related components available on the Server group on the Palette, we think these can be ignored.

Why do you need to generate a new type library?

bluewwol writes:
which generated a different result than what you sent back to me

Different? Could you show the difference?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 02 Feb, 2022 04:11:57 Top
bluewwol

Andrei;

The TLB you sent back to me was what changed over what I sent to you. I would have expected the TLB file created from the new project wizard would be complete and correct, however I have tried creating a few new projects and the TLB files created in that process are truncated just like the one I sent you in my sample project.

When I ran the project you sent back to me that error no longer occurred thus I concluded that the problem is in the original new project TLB generation, thus I must regenerate it in order for my project to not throw exceptions.

It would seem I am missing something, I just dont know what. I have reviewed the documentation, from there I would conclude that the TLB file created by the new project wizard is correct, as the documentation never mentions that again.

-Allen
Posted 02 Feb, 2022 10:30:18 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Allen,

Could you please demonstrate all the issues with examples? I feel that this is me who looses something, not you. Could you please answer questions from my previous post?

What Delphi version are you using?

I've noticed that opening the add-in module from your project produces a message pointing to the PixelsPerInch property missing. Did you create that property?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 02 Feb, 2022 13:13:43 Top
bluewwol

Andrei;

I am using delphi 11, running on windows 10 pro and Outlook 2019. Both are current on patches.
I did not create a pixels per inch anything, should I?

Andrei, if it is easier I am happy for you to connect to my system with a screen share.

-Allen
Posted 03 Feb, 2022 10:32:10 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Allen,

Let's try to do this next week. Monday morning I'll send you an email suggesting some details of a remote session.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 04 Feb, 2022 13:14:14 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Allen,

Let's try to do this today. I'll be available till 18:00 CET. I suggest using TeamViewer; in this case you'll need to send me your session ID and password; send them to the support email address.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 07 Feb, 2022 06:35:38 Top