Accessing folder attributes from property page in folder properties dialog in Outlook

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Accessing folder attributes from property page in folder properties dialog in Outlook

Jeffrey Lott

OutlookApp.ActiveExplorer().CurrentFolder is not necessarily the folder for the options page currently opened in Outlook.

If, in the all folders tree interface, the user is on inbox, then right clicks on the calendar item and selects properties, Outlook pops up the Calendars Properties form, but OutlookApp.ActiveExplorer().CurrentFolder will still be set to inbox.

I don?Â?Ð?ét want to have to instruct my users that the must make sure to left click the Calendar item first before doing the right click and properties. They won't remember.

So how do I reliable get the folder for the currently active properties popup?

Thanks.
Posted 06 Sep, 2011 15:25:20 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Jeffrey,

The CurrentFolder property of the Explorer class in Outlook returns an instance of the active folder (which you can see right now opened, not selected).

FYI To get assistance with host applications?Â?Ð?é objects, their properties, and methods as well as help info, use the Object Browser. Go to the VBA environment (in the host application, choose menu Tools | Macro | Visual Basic Editor or just press {Alt+F11}), press {F2}, select the host application in the topmost combo and/or specify a search string in the search combo. Select a class /property /method and press {F1} to get the help topic that relates to the object.
Posted 07 Sep, 2011 01:29:51 Top