Undeletable adxCommandButton in adxContextMenu

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

LEQUANG PASCAL

Hello,
I have a problem with uninstallation or use of button ??? Unregister ADX Project ??.
I create a project ADX COM Add-in with Add-in Express 2010 for Office and .NET, Professional for Visual Studio 2008.
In my project, I create adxContextMenu with an adxCommandBarButton. I change the properties next of adxCommandBarButton to use in Word:
OlExplorerItemTypes : Unknown
OlInspectorItemTypes : Unknown
AfterID: 1576 (it?Â?Ð?és button ??? Link hypertext?Â?Ð?? ??)
I use other components, for example: adxRibbonTab?Â?Ð??)
If I use button Register ADX Project or Install with a Setup Project, it?Â?Ð?és OK. The button is visible in my context menu in Word (idem for other component).
But, if use button Unregister ADX Project or Uninstall, in software Word the button is always visible. The other components are not visible and the "complement COM" is correctly uninstalled in Word.
Have you a solution to delete the button in Word. Is this a registry key to change or something?
If I reinstall my add-in, there is not a problem.
If I reinstall my add-in without the adxCommandBarButton, the button is always visible and is not reusable to future (it?Â?Ð?és my case, and I have more buttons in my context menu).
How to delete the buttons in Word?
Posted 20 Jun, 2011 03:49:09 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Pascal,

Please check the section "How command bars and their controls are created and removed?" in http://www.add-in-express.com/docs/net-commandbar-components.php.

The command bar items you added are stored in normal.dot (normal.dotm). I suggest that you delete that file on your PC.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 20 Jun, 2011 05:18:58 Top
PASCAL LEQUANG

Thank you Andrei for your answer.
Indeed, after removing the Normal.dot file it works.
Sincerely.
Posted 20 Jun, 2011 08:12:07 Top