Use old-style menus in Excel 2010

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Use old-style menus in Excel 2010

Lars von Wedel

Hello,

I have an "old-style" menu structure (ADXMainMenu, ADXCommandBarPopup, etc.) for my AddIn. However, the buttons are not shown in Excel, also I do not see any AddIn ribbon item. I read something about a "UseForRibbon" property, but don't know where to find it.

Any help is appreciated.

Lars

P.S. My various modules of the AddIn contribute different parts of the menus. As far as I can see, this is not possible using ribbons. Hence, I would like to stick to menus until I have a better idea.
Posted 15 Apr, 2011 06:37:46 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Lars,

You just need to set up the UserForRibbon property of your command bar components to true. Also you can get the job done at runtime in the AddinInitialize component setting up the UserForRibbon property programmatically. Then you will find your controls in the Add-Ins tab of the Ribbon UI.
Posted 15 Apr, 2011 07:05:33 Top
Lars von Wedel

Okay, it works in runtime, but I did not find the property on any of the property sheets.

Lars
Posted 15 Apr, 2011 07:29:24 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Lars,

That property is not available at design-time for the ADXMainMenu component. It is by design. The main menu was replaced by the Ribbon UI in later versions of Office.
Posted 15 Apr, 2011 08:14:09 Top