"Register ADX Project" menu item in VS.NET has disappeared

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

"Register ADX Project" menu item in VS.NET has disappeared

Bryan

I have upgraded from ADX for Office and .NET 2009 to 2010.

After upgrading, I opened a project I created in 2009. The project successfully opened and I was able to compile and execute it. However, the "Register ADX Project" and "Unregister ADX Project" menu items do not appear on the Build menu.

If I create a new ADX project the menu items do appear.

Do I need to do something to my 2009 project to get 2010 to recognize it?

Thanks in advance.
Posted 07 Mar, 2011 14:45:14 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Bryan,

Did you replace the adxloader.dll in the Loader folder of your project with a new one (see the Redistributables folder)? Also you can check out the References of the project and add the adxloader64.dll (its x64 version) to the Loader folder. Anyway, you may be interested in the http://www.add-in-express.com/creating-addins-blog/2010/04/08/office2010-32bit-64bit-single-setup/ article on our technical blog.
Posted 08 Mar, 2011 04:51:39 Top
Bryan

Problem solved.

My "Loader" folder was not in the root of my project (it was nested as a subfolder). Once I moved this folder to the root of my project the "Register ADX Project" and "Unregister ADX Project" menu items re-appeared.

When this folder was nested in ADX 2009 it didn't cause any issues. Perhaps this was a change made in ADX 2010?

In any event, my problem is resolved. Thank you.
Posted 08 Mar, 2011 08:00:19 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Bryan,

You broke the ice! Yes, you are on the right avenue. There were some changes since Add-in Express 2009. The Loader folder should be placed in the root of your project.

Good luck with your add-in project!
Posted 09 Mar, 2011 05:59:25 Top