Add editControl to appointment invitation - check kind of recipient

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add editControl to appointment invitation - check kind of recipient

Christian Havel

Hi Sally,

thanks for your feedback!

Well, the next challenge will be to change the subject only for one particular recipient.

Do you have one a idea how to solve this?

Thanks
Christian
Posted 22 Feb, 2011 04:22:14 Top
Sally Peck

hi,

Tip:

If you want to change subject for that one particular recipient,
a) Remove that person from the recipient list and let Outlook send it
b) Make a copy of the MeetingItem
c) Send a new MeetingItem request for that one particular recipient with subject changed.
Posted 22 Feb, 2011 05:38:32 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Add-in Express team

Hi Christian,

Thank you for the tip, Sally.

Note that the Outlook Object Model doesn't provide any way to edit the subject for any particular recipient for the meeting item. Also please take a look at the UserProperties property of the MeetingItem class in Outlook. The UserProperties class provides you with the Add function which adds a custom property to the item. Please read more about that in the Changes to custom properties in Outlook article in MSDN.

To get assistance with host applications’ objects, their properties, and methods as well as help info, use the Object Browser. Go to the VBA environment (in the host application, choose menu Tools | Macro | Visual Basic Editor or just press {Alt+F11}), press {F2}, select the host application in the topmost combo and/or specify a search string in the search combo. Select a class/property/method and press {F1} to get the help topic that relates to the object.
.NET, Extended MAPI, Windows Phone & RT
Posted 22 Feb, 2011 06:05:09 Top
Christian Havel

Hi Sally,

good idea :D

Well, if I make a copy of the MeetingItem and will remove the original one, all recipients will be notified. The copied one not. But eventually this is a compromise.

Thank you
Christian
Posted 22 Feb, 2011 07:08:38 Top
Christian Havel

Hi,

if I extend the Ribbon for the MeetingRequest Inspector with a editControl (OL2010), how can I read the content of the editControl in the

private void adxOutlookEvents_ItemSend(object sender, AddinExpress.MSO.ADXOlItemSendEventArgs e)

eventhandler?

Thanks
Christian
Posted 23 Feb, 2011 08:36:05 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Add-in Express team

Hi Christian,

Did you try to use the adxRibbonEditBox1.Text statement simply? As far as I know an instance of the ribbon edit box is declared in the add-in module. Am I right? Does it work for you?

Anyway, also you can use the OnChange event of the AddinExpress.MSO.ADXRibbonEditBox component to save the value and then read it in the ItemSend event handler.
.NET, Extended MAPI, Windows Phone & RT
Posted 23 Feb, 2011 11:23:06 Top
Christian Havel

Hi Eugene,

thanks.

Christian
Posted 24 Feb, 2011 04:24:41 Top