Word addin - uninstall leftovers

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Word addin - uninstall leftovers
normal.dot template is cleaned just for the current user only 
Maurizio Benvenuti

Hi Support Team,

I'm using Add-in Express 2010 for Office and .NET (v. 6.1.3044.0) and I'm facing a problem related to the uninstall procedure when I use a non-temporary toolbar (as you recommend) in MS Word: if I have more than one user on the target pc, the "adxregistrator /uninstall" command just remove the toolbar for the user who launched the uninstall procedure; other users will still get the toolbar (not working anymore because addin has been just removed) launching MS Word.
Do you have any hint/solution? It would be quite useful if adxregistrator could enumerate all users in order to clean up all the normal.dot templates.

Note: I was thinking also to create a clean-up tool for my addin, but so far I didn't found a way to remove just the toolbar's data inside a normal.dot template preserving existing macros, styles, other addin's toolbars, user's customizations, etc... like adxregistrator does.

Thanks in advance,
Maurizio
Posted 15 Nov, 2010 11:11:54 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Posted 15 Nov, 2010 11:29:23 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Maurizio,

In addition I want to say that you can install a fresh build of http://www.add-in-express.com/downloads/adxnet.php. Please don't forget to replace the adxloader[64].dll in the Loader folder of your project with a new one (see the Redistributables folder).
Posted 15 Nov, 2010 11:31:51 Top
Maurizio Benvenuti

Hi Eugene,

the first topic doesn't seem to be useful as in my case my addin is no longer loaded (the user just uninstalled the product); the second topic also is similar to the first one.
However the first answer by Sergey Grischenko in the third topic pointed me in the right direction and I was able to almost reproduce what adxregistrator does in order to restore the normal.dot template and I'm now able to create a cleaun-up tool for my case.

PS: it will still be useful if adxregistrator could enumerate all users on a target pc in order to clean up all the normal.dot templates (maybe an addition for the next version?). :)

Also a nice addition to this tool could be the possibility to specify over which Office applications perform registration/unregistration: my addin is built to be run under Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint/FrontPage/Access (so adxregistrator registers/unregisters the addin for all those applications at once) and a such addition will allow to create a setup procedure to let the user choose on which application it should integrate (currently this is not possible without writing a tool that mimicks adxregistrator functions). ;)

Thanks,
Maurizio
Posted 16 Nov, 2010 05:44:00 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Maurizio,

Thank you for the suggestions. We will consider adding these features to Add-in Express.
Posted 16 Nov, 2010 06:20:05 Top