.Net Textbox loose focus when typing in ADXExcelTaskPane

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

.Net Textbox loose focus when typing in ADXExcelTaskPane

Abdul Ali

Hi,

Few days back we purchased
Add-in Express 2010 for Office PROFESSIONAL, and i removed the old
Add-in Express 2010 for Office STANDARD 30 Day trial (which i was able to get since we had 2008 and wanted to test the converted project)

Note: We got the Standard for Trial and Purchased the PROFESSIONAL upon satisfaction on the functionality on MS Excel 2002/2003/2007/2010, but

soon after i removed and added the licensed version i cannot type on the Text box which is there on the ADXExcelTaskPaneand looses focus to the Excel Cell,

I did remove the OLD DLL and added the "Add-in Express for .NET\Redistributables" and removed the ADXLoader.dll's BUT did not replace the AddinModule.cs since it has coding i cannot write from scratch and guess there is no need for it since it just a Class file.

Appreciate quick response since cannot work with the system

Favaz
Posted 13 Oct, 2010 09:22:14 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Favaz,

You don't need to remove any dlls. You just need to replace the adxloader.dll in the Loader folder of your project with a new one (see the Redistributables folder) and register your add-in project. That is all!

Please let me know whether it works for you.
Posted 13 Oct, 2010 09:34:29 Top
Abdul Ali

Hi Eugene,

Thanks for quick response,
Funny i tried a small new project and run the set up another machine still the issue exist.
I want to send VS 2005 project is it ok if i post here with dll or is there a email which i can mail.

Favaz
Posted 13 Oct, 2010 10:51:39 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Abdul,

You can use the support e-mail address (see readme.txt). Please note that I am interested in the sources of your add-in project (not dll).
Posted 13 Oct, 2010 11:01:29 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for providing me with a sample add-in project. I have reproduced the issue you described above on my PC with Office 2007 SP2. This is a bug. I have filed it under #1866 in our bug-tracking system.
Posted 13 Oct, 2010 12:46:44 Top