word custom pane not showing

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

word custom pane not showing
word custompane not showing 
rajasekar

In which cases the wordTaskpane not showing in the word.

It is visible properly in some of the word document and in some document it is not showing. kindly reply.

Thanks,
Rajasekar
Posted 28 Sep, 2010 06:55:38 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Rajasekar,

Do you use http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa942864%28v=vs.80%29.aspx or http://www.add-in-express.com/add-in-net/office-task-panes.php in your add-in project?

If your add-in fires exceptions at startup, the host application (or the end-user) may block the add-in. Such add-ins fall into the Disabled Items list. To find the list, in the host application, go to "Help", then "About". At the bottom of the About dialog, there is the Disabled Items button. Check it to see if the add-in is listed there (if so, select it and click Enable). In the Ribbon UI of Office 2007, you find that list on the Add-ins tab of the Office Menu | {host application} Options dialog.
Posted 28 Sep, 2010 08:28:02 Top
rajasekar

Dear Eugene Astafiev,

we are using Advanced Office Task panes(add-in-express). In word addin we are using add-in express.net advance office task pane. It is showing properly in each document open dialog. Advance task pane not showing up in some of the word document open(after doing some opeartion). If i close the all the open word document and try again it comes properly.

I have put error handler in the load event of the task pane. Even though i can't find the error

Thanks,
Rajasekar.
Posted 28 Sep, 2010 09:21:24 Top
rajasekar

Actually i have a button in the Advance task pane. If i open the word document one by one the advance task pane coming nicely. If i press the button in the advance task pane it call one sub procedure. after that if i open the document from open dialog the advance task pane not loading. I have noticed the load event not calling in the advance task pane.

Thanks,
Rajasekar.
Posted 28 Sep, 2010 10:29:29 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Rajasekar,

How can I reproduce this issue on my PC? Could you please describe the required steps? A sample add-in project will be very useful for me.

BTW What version and build number of Add-in Express do you use?
Posted 28 Sep, 2010 10:36:36 Top