Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

issues in build 1705

Sven Heitmann

on controls with id!=1 i have noticed the following issues
-begin group is not recognized
-caption is not recognized
-style is not recognized

in ADXCommandBarControl.UpdateControlObj these values are set for controls with id==1 only but some of them are important like begingroup or caption...
Best regards,

Sven Heitmann
Posted 02 Sep, 2004 09:23:33 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Sven,

It will be fixed in next build tomorrow. OK?
Posted 02 Sep, 2004 09:47:26 Top
Sven Heitmann

yep, that is ok... thank you :)
Best regards,

Sven Heitmann
Posted 02 Sep, 2004 09:56:42 Top
Eugene Starostin

ADX Team
Add-in Express team

Hi Sven,

We have published a new build.
Look at Premium News
Please let us know if you face any problems.

Also please note that we do not change our documentation on premium builds, we do this only on public builds.
Posted 03 Sep, 2004 11:21:01 Top
Sven Heitmann

hi eugene, thank you for publishing a new build

as far as i can see all issues i mentioned are solved :)

well nothing is perfect and i have still one isue... it is not an issue with adx furthermore a feature by office what is broken by adx indirectly

the problem occurs with the control of id=333, the "insert table" popup thing

word will change the icon and caption for that control when yo edit a table, e.g.
if there is a blank document i have the "insert table" icon and function on that control, if i mark some cells word changes the icon and function to "insert cells", if my cursor is one line behind the table the function will change into "add new row"...

now the issue...

when the caption on that control is set, word will change the icon but not the caption...

i've tried this inside the addinstartupcomplete-eventhandler

(this.ctrlCreateTable.ControlObj as Office.CommandBarControl).Caption = "";

word will use the builtin caption but will not change the caption anymore,but the icon and action wich is confusing

the only way to prevent this issue is to add the control and don't set the caption... then the word feature is working well

my request now, if you find its kind of usefull for others too (perhaps there are other controls word is changing in different situations),please change adx this way:
when the CommandBarControls id is greater than 1 and caption is empty don't set the caption... then word will use the builin caption and all will be fine :)

i mentioned that the designer will add automatically a caption to the control (controls variable name)... you have to chenge this too, of course
Best regards,

Sven Heitmann
Posted 04 Sep, 2004 08:32:57 Top
Eugene Starostin

ADX Team
Add-in Express team

Hi Sven,

Now I see. We will add this feature to the next premium build without any problems.
Posted 04 Sep, 2004 08:39:17 Top
Sven Heitmann

got the same issue with "hide/show grid of tables"... word is changing the caption...

Now I see. We will add this feature to the next premium build without any problems.

thank you very much... once again ;)
Best regards,

Sven Heitmann
Posted 04 Sep, 2004 08:54:35 Top