Add ribbon group to "Home" tab in the explorer window (Outlook 2010)

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add ribbon group to "Home" tab in the explorer window (Outlook 2010)

RikardG

Hi,

I can't figure out how to add a Ribbon group to the "Home" tab in the explorer window for Outlook 2010. How do I do that?
Posted 07 Sep, 2010 05:09:55 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Rikard,

You just need to set up the IdMso property of the AddinExpress.MSO.ADXRibbonTab class to the TabMail. Also please don't forget to set the Ribbons property to the OutlookExplorer value.

You can find a complete list of built-in control IDs for Office 2010 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3f2fe784-610e-4bf1-8143-41e481993ac6&displaylang=en.
Posted 07 Sep, 2010 06:29:41 Top
RikardG

Hi,

Thanks it worked, but when I use the same technique for adding a button to the "AppointmentTab" in the Explorer window, nothing happens... The tab I'm referring to is the tab which is displayed when an existing appointment is selected in the explorer window (Tab name in Outlook is "Appointment" with the description "Calendar Tools").

If I change the IdMso for my tab from "AppointmentTab" to "TabCalendar" it works fine... Am I missing something here?
Posted 08 Sep, 2010 06:19:11 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Rikard,

Where did you get the AppointmentTab value? I have provided you with a complete list of IDs for Office 2010. Did you try to find it there?
Posted 08 Sep, 2010 06:34:27 Top
RikardG

I misspelled the name... I meant "TabAppointment" and yes I found it in the excel document (OutlookExplorerControls.xlsx). I can't get it to work (I spelled it right in the code...).
Posted 08 Sep, 2010 06:50:35 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Rikard,

Sorry, but I don't quite understand you. I have found both identifiers in the excel workbook (the TabCalendar and TabAppintment). Did you find the right one? Are you able to add your controls to the built-in tab now?
Posted 08 Sep, 2010 10:56:52 Top
RikardG

Hi,

I have created a "Ribbon Tab" with a "Ribbon group" containing a "Ribbon button". I have set the "Ribbons" property on the "Ribbon tab" to OutlookExplorer. When I set the IdMso property to "TabAppointment" I expect my "Ribbon group" to be displayed when selecting an appointment in the Calendar explorer view. But it does not.

If I change the IdMso property to "TabCalendar" my "Ribbon group" is displayed in the Calendar explorer view (when no appointment is selected in the view) as expected... Is there something else I have to do to make it appear in the Appointment tab in the Calendar explorer view?
Posted 08 Sep, 2010 14:03:08 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Rikard,

Thank you for the advanced explanation.

You need to set the IdMso property of the ribbon tab to the TabAppointment value. Also you need to set the Context property to the "OutlookExplorer.TabSetAppointment" value because the Appointment is a contextual tab.
Posted 09 Sep, 2010 13:35:10 Top
RikardG

Thanks it worked!

A question though, the value "OutlookExplorer.TabSetAppointment" was not to be found in the drop down list of the Context property for the Ribbon tab. I could only see values "Outlook values" for OutlookItem not OutlookExploer. Why is that?
Posted 10 Sep, 2010 02:43:35 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Rikard,

It provides commonly used values for the Context property. We will add new values in the next release of Add-in Express.
Posted 10 Sep, 2010 04:19:20 Top