add-ins tab missing from outlook 2010

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

add-ins tab missing from outlook 2010
add-ins tab missing from outlook 2010 professional plus 
Sridhar Kapavarapu

Hi,

We installed our outlook add-in which makes use of adx.net 2010 professional. But my problem here is add-ins tab is missing from outlook. Eventhough i added it through File->Options->Add-ins, its not visible in outlook. What should i do to enable the add-in tab in outlook.

We are using Outlook 2010 Professional Plus
Adx.net 2010

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
Sridhar K.
Posted 22 Jun, 2010 07:31:30 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Posted 22 Jun, 2010 09:15:09 Top
Sridhar Kapavarapu

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for your response. I uninstalled adxversion to verify the problem. Even without add-in installed i did see the problem.

Please help me to resolve my problem.

I installed office 2010 professional edition. when i opened outlook, add-ins tab is missing from the ribbon tab. I checked the add-ins check box from options->add-in section. But the tab is not visible.

is there anything else i missed out to make it visible?

Thanks & Regards
Sridhar K
Posted 24 Jun, 2010 10:25:42 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Sridhar,

What Add-in Express component do you use to add controls to the Add-ins tab? ADXCommandBar? ADXOlExplorerCommandBar? ADXMainMenu?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 24 Jun, 2010 10:47:38 Top
Sridhar Kapavarapu

Andrei, We are using ADXOLExplorerCommandBar component in our code.

Regards
Sridhar K.
Posted 25 Jun, 2010 04:38:53 Top
Sridhar Kapavarapu

Andrei,

We have two problems here. One is described in the above thread. the other one is

We are adding, button and textbox controls to the outlook toolbar. It worked fine upto outlook2007. What are the changes we should make to work with 2010? My aim is to display/visible these controls under add-ins tab in the outlook ribbonbar.

In forum, i read that "The proper and better way is to use command bars (and set its UseForRibbon property to false) for old-fashioned hosts and the ADXRibbonTab component for ribbonized hosts."

But it is not very clear to me. We never used ADXRibbon components in our code. We are using adxOLExplorerCommandbar component to add the controls and commandbarupdate event to get the last visibility of that control. What needs to be changed to make it work with office 2010. Can you please send me any sample application which is relevant to my problem. So that i can make my application work.

Thanks & Regards
Sridhar K
Posted 25 Jun, 2010 09:44:06 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Sridhar,

I've just regsitered an add-in containing an ADXOlExplorerCommandBar and saw its controls in the Outlook 2010 Explorer window.

Do you have any visible controls in the command bar?
Also, check if theCommandBar.UseForRibbon returns true in the AddinStartupComplete event of the module.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 25 Jun, 2010 09:46:12 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Sridhar Kapavarapu writes:
But it is not very clear to me.

Please see http://www.add-in-express.com/creating-addins-blog/2010/04/30/office-commandbars-ribbon-ui/.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 25 Jun, 2010 09:48:14 Top
skuske

Sridhar or Andrei:

we have just encountered the same problem here that the whole 'Add-In' ribbon tab in Outlook 2010 is lost for some reason and that there's no obvious way for us to get it back.

When I right-click the ribbon to customize it and to select which ribbon tabs should be displayed, I see that the Add-In tab is actually selected, although it is not visible in the ribbon itself. When I de-select it, and re-select it, it does not appear again in the ribbon. So, there's no way to get it back - it's just gone.

I have no idea what exactly caused this, but I noticed it after de-activating the Social Connector add-in that comes with Outlook 2010. However, re-enabling the add-in does not bring the add-in tab back.

Sridhar: were you able to get the add-in tab back?

Steve
Posted 27 Jun, 2010 01:03:00 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hello Steve,

The "Add-ins" tab in Office 2010 is a special dynamic tab that contains only visible custom command bar controls that were added by a COM add-in code to the CommandBars collection. If your add-in does not add command bar controls or adds but makes them invisible, the "Add-ins" tab will not show up.

So, please enable the "Add-ins" tab in the Customize dialog and make sure your add-in adds at least one visible command bar control.

If you have any difficulties, please let me know, I will try to help you. If you can send us any demo project that illustrates an issue, it will be very helpful.
Posted 27 Jun, 2010 09:18:41 Top