Add-in registers successfully. Shows as connected in target Office program. Constructor doesn't fire...

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add-in registers successfully. Shows as connected in target Office program. Constructor doesn't fire...

Paul Cross

Hi,

I have a simple add-in that is exhibiting some strange behaviour. It targets Word and Powerpoint. When registered, it appears in the list of add-ins with the checkbox checked. However, the initialization code has not been called...

Thoughts?
Posted 16 Jun, 2010 09:03:25 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Paul,

Can you please send me your AddinModule.cs (AddinModule.vb) to the support e-mail address? You can find the e-address in readme.txt. Please make sure your e-mail contains a link to this topic.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 16 Jun, 2010 12:33:32 Top
Paul Cross

Hi Andrei,

I've resolved the problem - I've got .Net 4 on the machine and was using an old version of adxloader.dll.

Is there a download location for an up-to-date version of adxloader.dll for Add-in Express 2008?

Thanks,
Paul
Posted 16 Jun, 2010 13:47:30 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Paul,

That Add-in Express version isn't supported any longer. The only loader version that work with .NET Framework 4.0 can be downloaded at http://www.add-in-express.com/files/projects_pub/beta2fix/adxloader.zip. It's a loader for Add-in Express version 2009. Hope it will work for you.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 17 Jun, 2010 02:38:13 Top