Activate InspectorRegion form before Inspector showing

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Activate InspectorRegion form before Inspector showing

Alexey Erzyamkin

Hello

I need to replace standard Outlook Inspector form for ContactItem with my own .NET form. I created an ADXOlForm, added it to ADXOlFormsManager.Forms collection and set its InspectorLayout property to InspectorRegion.
Now I need to show this folder as default for an ContactItem, i.e. without showing standard form first.

I tried the method which is described in this link. Also I tried to just add the Activate() method call to the ADXAfterFormShow event handler as I fount somewhere on the forum. But in every scenario I got delay before my custom form is activated, in that delay I can see the standard inspector form for ContactItem.

Is there a way to remove that delay? I.e. my custom .NET form have to be activated before Inspector window displayed.

На русском: Мне необходимо, чтобы между появлением Inspector'а на экране и активацией моей формы небыло временного промежутка, во время которого активной является стандартная форма для контактов.

Заранее благодарю!
Posted 03 Mar, 2010 02:14:57 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Alexey,

I beleve we show the form and generate ADXAfterFormShow as early as possible. But I'd like to reproduce this first. What Outlook version and SP do you have?

Regards from Belarus (GMT+2),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 03 Mar, 2010 14:11:57 Top
Alexey Erzyamkin

Hello Andrei

I'm using the following version of Outlook:
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (12.0.6316.5000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6426.1000)

Also need to say that we are using Add-In Express 2009 for .NET
Posted 03 Mar, 2010 15:06:13 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Alexey,

I've talked to the developers. Unfortunately, it isn't possible to achieve this.

Regards from Belarus (GMT+2),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 10 Mar, 2010 05:27:51 Top