Unable to "Enable" Outlook 2007 addin in Trust Center

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Unable to "Enable" Outlook 2007 addin in Trust Center
Addin works on one machine but has become disabled on another and I cannot enable it 
Roger Middlebrook

ADX 4.1.4 VCL
Windows XP SP3
Outlook 2007 (SP unknown at present)
BDS 2006

My Outlook add-in has become disabled on this machine and I cannot enable it. Is there a way I can find out why the add-in remains unloaded before I resort to remote debug or something nasty like that?

Thanks
Posted 01 Mar, 2010 06:16:13 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Roger,

If LoadBehavior in {HKLM or HKCU}\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\{your add-in} is set to 2 after you set it to 3 and run Outlook, then this is often an indication of an unhandled exception at add-in startup. Say, you don't have some DLLs or other files required for your add-in to run on that PC.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 01 Mar, 2010 06:26:24 Top
Roger Middlebrook

Firstly, my apologies to all for posting this in the wrong forum. That's what comes of doing a search, reviewing the results and then posting a new topic without looking to see which forum I was in.

LoadBehavior is indeed set to 2 now.

There are other DLLs required for that PC, one of which is secman.dll and the other is Redemption. My addin was working until 30th January. I will check to make sure that all required DLLs are present and registered. Is there anything else I should check to do with the additional DLLs?
Posted 01 Mar, 2010 09:35:01 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Roger,

Also, check if your add-in is listed in Disabled Items. If it is, re-enable it right in this list. See Tools | Trust Center | Add-ins | Manage: Disabled Items | Go.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 01 Mar, 2010 13:02:42 Top