Trigger displaying of ADXOlFormsManager items

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Trigger displaying of ADXOlFormsManager items

Tobias B?hm

Hello guys,

I have a question regarding the Outlook ADXOlFormsManager. What I do is display data in a tree view in the BottomNavigation pane. When I click a node I want to display data in a WebViewPane.

So the question would be: Is it possible to trigger the FormsManager to display the WebViewPane without a "physical" folder change?

Here's what I already tried:
When I click, depending on the node I iterate through the Items of the ADXOlFormsManager instance and enable/disable items. Somehow that doesn't work at the moment.

Thank you very much in advance.
Tobias
Posted 12 Aug, 2009 11:37:51 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Hello Tobias,

So the question would be: Is it possible to trigger the FormsManager to display the WebViewPane without a "physical" folder change?

You can display another ADXOlForm in the WebViewPane layout without folder refreshing if the current folder shows any ADXOlForm in the WebViewPane layout.

Please see http://www.add-in-express.com/files/projects/adx-x-ol-5-vs9-showanotherwebviewpane_5_5866.zip

Posted 12 Aug, 2009 12:33:03 Top
Tobias B?hm

Thanks so far. I've looked at the example and if I already had a WebViewPane visible this would have been the solution. Unfortunately in our case something else is visible.

1. Does that mean when currently the, say, Inbox is selected and visible that I can't have button for example that makes a WebViewPane visible?

2. Is the showing/hiding of custom panes completely driven by the folder switch?

Thanks for your help.
Tobias
Posted 13 Aug, 2009 05:34:08 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Hello Tobias,

1. Does that mean when currently the, say, Inbox is selected and visible that I can't have button for example that makes a WebViewPane visible?

You can have a button that makes a WebViewPane visible but you need to refresh the folder to make it work. See the following howto:http://www.add-in-express.com/support/addin-c-sharp.php#form-regions

You can not make a WebViewPane without a "physical" folder change.

2. Is the showing/hiding of custom panes completely driven by the folder switch?

You cannot manage the custom pane visibility in the FolderSwitch event, you need to use the adxOlFormsManager.ADXBeforeFolderSwitchEx event:

Please see the sample: hhp://www.add-in-express.com/files/projects/adx-x-ol-5-showing_hiding_custom_panes_in_beforefolderswitch_5_5866.zip
Posted 13 Aug, 2009 08:16:40 Top