Add-In Express for IE Setup Issue

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add-In Express for IE Setup Issue
Add-In Express for IE Setup Issue on Managed desktops 
A Marcose

Running into an issue installing a BHO developed using the add-in express.
On normal unmanaged desktops the install goes on fine; but when I run the same on a managed pc at customer site, it fails. I am running the setup using an account configured as an administrator on the domain (id shows under the Administrators group in Computer Management > Local Users and Groups > Groups > Administrators as domain\userid). The install mis itself completes without reporting any errors. And after running the setup, the entry for the software package shows up under Add/Remove Programs.

By failure I mean
a) adxloader.log files not created in My Documents/Add-in Express
b) The files in the package have been installed to C:\Program Files\Company\Product but the configuration file <addon.dll.config> never got created in the C:\Program Files\Company\AddOn directory
c) No entries created under HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/Browswer Helper Objects

If I run the same setup when logged in as a local administrator on the machine, i get the same result.

Could somebody please help me debug this issue ?
Posted 12 Jul, 2009 17:33:51 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello,

a) adxloader.log files not created in My Documents/Add-in Express

a) Is the file created when you restart IE?

b) Check if the .config file has Copy Always or Copy if Newer in the Copy to Output Directory property

c) The entry for your add-on is created in HKLM, not in HKCU

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 13 Jul, 2009 13:20:45 Top