Trouble with RegFree COM and ClickOnce deployment in ADX addin

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Trouble with RegFree COM and ClickOnce deployment in ADX addin

Ryan Farley

Refer to this post http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=4182&MID=20344 and the Redemption and ClickOnce fixed sample on this site.

I am having trouble getting this to work and hoping that someone can give me some pointers. I basically just compile the sample and publish via Clickonce. Then when I attempt to install I get the message:

The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\RPFAdmin\Local Settings\Temp\1\Deployment\ZCMB6VMZ.5NY\Y0TRAXRY.VMA\redemption.dll' already exists.

I have verified that the redemption.dll file does only exist once in the deployment manifest. I've opened dir browsing if anyone wants to take a look at the deployment folder http://www.cfxconnect.com/applications/redemptionandclickonce

I am at a complete loss as to why it is telling me this. Appreciate any ideas or help.

Thanks.
Posted 25 Jun, 2009 19:54:06 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Ryan,

I've just successfully installed this sample on my PC. Mmm, the only file I have in the Publish folder is redeptionandclickonce.application.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 26 Jun, 2009 10:34:48 Top
Ryan Farley

Hi Andrei,

I am not sure I follow your response. Yes, I also have the redeptionandclickonce.application file as well along with the 1.0.0.0 folder containing the files - that is not the issue. If you install the ClickOnce application on the another machine does it work or do you get an installation error?

-Ryan
Posted 26 Jun, 2009 16:08:04 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Ryan,

I've changed Provider URL in the Publish dialog, copied files to this location and installed the add-in on another PC. No errors.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 29 Jun, 2009 11:39:58 Top