Add-in Express for IE - how to save/load toolbar configuration

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add-in Express for IE - how to save/load toolbar configuration
Please help with toolbar option implementation 
Phuong Nguyen

Hi,

I bought Add-in Express for IE premium package. I have sucessful created a toolbar with different buttons. I tried to create a toolbar option as Yahoo/Google toolbar where I can hide button text, re-arrange toobar buttons and save these change so next time I open IE window, my changes are still there. Please let me know if IE Add-in express have any sample how to do this. I heard that I have to save my toolbar configuration in .XML file and reload everytime I restart IE but I'm not sure that is the case. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
Phuong
Posted 08 Apr, 2009 12:07:29 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Phuong,

Please let me know if IE Add-in express have any sample how to do this.

Unfortunately there is no such a sample project. You can find a couple at the http://www.add-in-express.com/support/addin-c-sharp.php page. Also please have a look at the Advanced Search sample add-in for IE. You can download its sources http://www.add-in-express.com/products/internet-explorer-search.php.
Posted 08 Apr, 2009 12:12:27 Top
Phuong Nguyen

Thank Eugene,

I read some more on HOWTO page and it seems somebody has done serialize object (save object as XML file) on outlook. Is it possible to serialize Add-in IE Toolbar object?

Phuong
Posted 12 Apr, 2009 13:41:12 Top
5States 5States

Phuong

I was able to create personal settings/options by copying the GlobalData and GlobalSettings of the AdvancedSearch example online. Download the project and look at the AdvancedSearchIEBar and the settings are accessed by using the "Settings" button at the bottom of the IEBar.

HTH

Posted 13 Apr, 2009 02:30:35 Top
Phuong Nguyen

Thanks HTH,

I will check it out

Phuong
Posted 13 Apr, 2009 02:44:06 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Phuong,

Please let me know whetther this helps.

Thank you, Alexander!

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader

Posted 13 Apr, 2009 06:36:25 Top
Phuong Nguyen

Thank Andrei, HTH

Sorry for late response. I was finally able to serialize my IE Add-in express properties following above example.

Regards,
Phuong
Posted 30 Apr, 2009 18:16:04 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Thank you, Phuong!

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 01 May, 2009 07:41:11 Top