File --> Send To from MS Word

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

File --> Send To from MS Word

Jinghui Zhao

Our environment: ADX 2008 for .NET, VS 2005 C#, Outlook 2003 add-in

1. From within MS Word 2003, click on file --> Send To --> Mail Recipients, it opens up a mail message window WITHOUT the adxOlInspectorCommandBar & buttons

2. Then click on file --> Sent To --> mail recipients (as attachment), it opens up a mail message window WITHOUT the adxOlInspectorCommandBar & buttons

3. Then click on file --> Sent to --> mail recipients (for review), it opens up a mail message window WITH the adxOlInspectorCommandBar & buttons

4. Then click on file --> Sent To --> mail recipients (as attachment), this time the adxOlInspectorCommandBar & buttons appear

How can I make the adxOlInspectorCommandBar & buttons to show up all the time or don?Â?Ð?ét show up at all? I want it to be constant.

Posted 19 Feb, 2008 17:10:03 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Jinghui.

I am afraid it is not possible. The fact is that the InspectorActivate event doesn't fire when you press 'Sent To --> mail recipients (as attachment). That is why command bars are not shown in this scenario.
Posted 20 Feb, 2008 08:37:04 Top
Ho-Yan Shum

Hello Sergey,

In regards to Jinghui's issue the button's do appear on the second time we select 'Sent To --> mail recipients (as attachment)'.

Should we not be able to see it if it doesn't fire ?
Posted 20 Feb, 2008 23:39:34 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Ho-Yan.

As you read in the Jinghui's post, the button appears after he opens
Sent to --> mail recipients (for review) inpector and then Sent To --> mail recipients (as attachment) one. As well known, Outlook caches its inspectors. That is why the button may appear.
Posted 21 Feb, 2008 08:40:52 Top