add-in not loaded when install with AllUsers set to true in vista

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

add-in not loaded when install with AllUsers set to true in vista

suman bathula

Hi

We created an outlook add-in and for the setup we made InstallAllUsers to true, this works fine in XP but fails in Vista.
Installing the addin in one account is wokring for all users in XP, but this is not the same case in vista.

we tested on different editions of vista, the same result.

Installed from account A we could see the addin in outlook, when logout from account A and log-in to account B, add-in is not loading.

when checked at Trust Center under tool menu, our add-in is not listed under any active / in-active panes.

what could be the reason, please guide us to resolve this issue

- C# 2.0, Add-in Express 2008 for .NET Premium dll's, VS 2005, Outlook 2007, OS - XP, All editions of vista.

thanks
suman

Posted 11 Feb, 2008 06:46:51 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Suman.

Did you set the RegisterForAllUsers property of the addinmodule to true?
Posted 11 Feb, 2008 10:15:54 Top
suman bathula

yes we made RegisterForAllUsers property to true.

but still the same result.
Posted 12 Feb, 2008 05:39:15 Top
suman bathula

i installed for account A and i could see the add-in, when i login to account B, add-in is missing, when i try to install again from account B, i am just getting two options 1) repair 2) remove.

i am installing from admin profile.

how come it wokrs well in XP but not in any edition of vista .

please guide us, we are left with no time.

hope one could solve immediately.

Posted 12 Feb, 2008 05:43:52 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Suman.

If you set the RegisterForAllUsers property to true, the add-in is not visible in the COM add-ins dialog in Office 2000-2003. It is by design in MS Office.

If you choose the Everyone option in the installer's dialog, the application is installed for all users and you can't installed it again under another system account. Please choose the 'Just me' option to register the application under the user's account only.
Posted 12 Feb, 2008 08:23:36 Top
suman bathula

Then how do i resolve my issue?

installing from 1 account should be installed for all other users on that machine.

i have not used RegisterForAllUsers property but then it is working in XP, and does not work in vista only.

setting i set are InstallAllUsers is true and InstallAllUsersVisible is false with that I am not allowing the user to select.

i just have to install the add-in for AllUsers by default(user will not have this option to select) and should work for all users.

please guide me. we are felt with no time.

Posted 12 Feb, 2008 09:17:11 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Suman, to resolve the issue please set the RegisterForAllUsers property of the addinmodule to True and rebuild the add-in. In this case you should install the add-in under the administrator's account.

The 'InstallAllUsers ' property of the setup can be set to any value.
Posted 12 Feb, 2008 09:31:17 Top
suman bathula

sergey,
thanks for your continuous support.

RegisterForAllUsers property was made to true and we do did rebuild add-in n number of times but no use.

Posted 12 Feb, 2008 14:40:25 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Suman, do you install the add-in under the admin account? Do you get any error messages when the add-in is installed? Please send me the adxloader.dll.manifest file located in the Loader subdirectory of your add-in.
Posted 13 Feb, 2008 09:15:01 Top
suman bathula

Sergey, yes i installed the add-in under the admin account.
i did not get any error messages while installing add-in.

as i have installed under this account i get the add-in for this account only, others are not able to get ( this issue is raised only on vista).

how do i send manifest file?

thanks
suman
Posted 14 Feb, 2008 00:31:03 Top