Add-in Express Extensions message window appears on users machine

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Owen Rogers

We have a situation where the Add-in Express Extensions for Outlook window popped up for one of our users. I have a screenshot that I can send if there is an address to send it to.
Posted 21 Nov, 2007 21:17:06 Top
Owen Rogers

I should mention that the user is running add-in express version 3.5.1875.2005
Posted 21 Nov, 2007 21:24:18 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

We have got the screenshot.

Is this exception related to http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=2788&MID=13077#message13077?

Do you have a log file or detailed information?
Posted 22 Nov, 2007 08:50:43 Top
Owen Rogers

i'm not sure if it is related to the other error or not. that's what i'm asking you.

how do we obtain the log file? i was wondering if there is any way to obtain logging information from Add-in Express. do we need to explicitly enable logging? or is it logging by default?

i do know about the log file in My Documents\Add-in Express\adxloader.log. but this file seems to only contain information about registering the add-in.

also, is it possible to configure this location so that the log file is written to the same location as the logs produced by the application? ideally, i would prefer to even route it to the same log file as our application uses (we use log4net internally). my understanding is that Add-in Express uses something else.
Posted 23 Nov, 2007 01:48:35 Top
Owen Rogers

also, i'd like to know why this particular error dialog showed up for this user. it is a different error dialog than what our other users see. and the error message seems to be different.
Posted 23 Nov, 2007 01:50:30 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Hi Owen,

Sorry for the delay.
This specific dialog belongs to ADXOlFormsManager.
To save the ADXOlFormsManager log, you should click the "Show Log" button on the exception dialog and click the "Save as ..." menu in the left upper corner.

ADXOlFormsManager makes a log by default.

Posted 28 Nov, 2007 08:20:06 Top