Add-in that is NOT strong named

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add-in that is NOT strong named
Can you create an add-in that is not strong named? 
Steve Braswell

I need to create an add-in which is not strong named. I am not able to strong name it because it has dependencies that cannot be strong named.

I am using ADX v3.4 and the adxloader.dll shim. Using regsvr32 adxloader.dll is returning an error and the log that is generated tells me: The ADX Loader can't resolve the '{assembly name}' assembly. Please check if the assembly exists in the application directory or in the GAC.

It is critical to my project that the add-in not need to be strong named.

Please let me know how I can implement an add-in that is not strong named.

Thanks,

Steve
Posted 21 Jun, 2007 11:36:54 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Steve.

Please try to delete the 'PublicKeyToken' attribute from the assemblyIdentity element in the adxloader.dll.manifest file.
E.g.

Before:
<assemblyIdentity name="MyAddin38, PublicKeyToken=240ac70a5a49d3a9" />

After:
<assemblyIdentity name="MyAddin38" />

P.S. We always do our best to answer your forum requests as soon as possible. However, we apply the rule "first in first out" with Premium Support Service subscribers taking priority. Please understand it may take us some time to do research on the issue. Please be assured we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 21 Jun, 2007 12:03:40 Top
Steve Braswell

Sergey,

Thanks so much for your help. I didn't realize i was able to remove the PublicKeyToken from the name attribute. That has worked out great.

Thanks again!
Steve
Posted 21 Jun, 2007 13:17:12 Top