Runtime error loading COM add-in in outlook 2003

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Runtime error loading COM add-in in outlook 2003
outlook add-in loads up on development computer but not test computer 
bevan johnson

Hi,

I have developed an outlook add-in that uses an ADXModule.
I have gone through the microsoft topics (both 1 and 2) on how to deploy a VSTO add-in.

The add-in deploys and loads-up into outlook 2003 fine on my computer (the development computer).

When I deploy the add-in on a test computer, the installation works fine, with the PIA assemblies installed and the VSTO 2005 SE runtime installed.

The assembly also appears to have been granted the appropriate trust using the SetSecurity module that was included in the deployment package.

However when i have a look at the status of the add-in it says 'Not Loaded. A runtime error occured during the loading of the add-in'

If i remove the ADXMODULE from the add-in and redeploy the add-in to the test computer it loads up into outlook 2003 fine.

I have used fuslog to see if there are any errors during the load on the test machine, but there are none. It just says that the add-in was found successfully.

Both the development machine and the test machine are microsoft XP professional with SP2 and have Microsoft .Net 2 installed.

I also have the Microsoft .Net 2 SDK installed on the test machine.

As far as i can tell the only difference is that the development computer has VST0 2005 SE installed as well as the runtime, where as the test machine only has VSTO 2005 SE Runtime installed.

I tried to the demo projects included with add-in express. I get the same problem.

When I build the demo project 'Outlook Property Page' the prerequisite 'Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools For Office Runtime' is not present. When I followed the microsoft deployment examples the prerequisite that is present is 'Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office Second Edition Runtime'.

When i select the 'microsoft visual studio 2005 tools for office second edition runtime' instead. The build works fine, deploys fine on the development computer and loads and runs fine in outlook 2003.

But when I deploy onto the Test computer i get the same problem. The add-in deploys fine, but does not load.

Any suggestions Please?

Bevan.

Posted 22 May, 2007 17:40:39 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Bevan.

Did you grant FullTrust the AddinExpress.VSTO.dll assembly?

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 23 May, 2007 08:01:55 Top
bevan johnson

Hi Sergey,

Yes that did work. I created a grant based on the strong name of the vsto assemblies.

Thanks.

Bevan.
Posted 23 May, 2007 18:18:27 Top