Issue when using Excel Loader

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Issue when using Excel Loader

shailesh pandit

Hi,

We have created an excel addin using Addin Express. When we install it and start excel through Excel Loader (freeware), everything else (menus & toolbars) appear fine except the custom functions which we created. More specifically, functions are enabled inside the Tools->Addin but function wizard does not have entrie/s for these custom functions.

Addin works absolutely fine for excel sheet started without Excel Loader.

For any addin there are two entries in Excel Loader's available addins list. One for the UI (ADXAddinModule) and another for functions (ADXExcelAddinModule) of that Addin. These two things can be independently enabled or disabled for each addin. However, for the addin which we have created only the entry for UI is displayed and not for functions.

Any idea why the functions are not available or why the entry is not appearing in the addins list?

Thanking you in anticipation.

-regards,
Shailesh.
Posted 22 May, 2007 13:57:18 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Shailesh.

Where can I download the Excel loader?

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them. Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 23 May, 2007 09:19:06 Top
shailesh pandit

Hi Sergy,

You could find the Excel Loader at:
http://www.excelkb.com/attachments/ExcelLoader-GUID7370c5ae9947443a9ba93dfef72e7c46.exe

Thanks and regards
Shailesh.
Posted 23 May, 2007 13:17:31 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Shailesh.

It seems the Excel Loader doesn't support Excel Automatin add-ins. That is why you don't see your functions in the list of available add-ins in the Excel Loader.
Posted 24 May, 2007 07:48:14 Top
shailesh pandit

Hi Sergy,

Maybe! However, we were hopeful Excel Loader supports Excel Automation Addin, because it mentions so in the Excel Loader Wizard itself just below Version: frame.
"Available Add-ins (Automation Add-ins/ COM Add-ins/ XLA/ ALL ):"

Please refer to the URL for more details:
http://www.excelkb.com/article.aspx?id=10192

Also we have created Excel addin based on Mscoree.dll (instead of usual Addin Express Loader), which as well does not show up functions.

Please refer to following site for more details:
http://www.add-in-express.com/docs/net-deploying-addins.php

Thanks and regards
-Shailesh
Posted 24 May, 2007 12:04:45 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Shailesh,
I am afraid I can't answer you why Excel Loader doesn't see managed automation add-ins. Please try to ask about it the Excel Loader support.
Posted 24 May, 2007 12:41:14 Top
shailesh pandit

Hi Sergy,

We have been continiously attempting to communicate with Excel Loader support without any luck so far. Pardon me for asking you something which obviously seems not part of your expertise. I posted this query in wake of curiosity, thinking if you could help us out of this situation with your vast experience.

Thanks a million for your generous support.

-regards,
Shailesh.
Posted 28 May, 2007 02:53:41 Top