Can't ADX Register new 3.5.1872 projects

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Can't ADX Register new 3.5.1872 projects

David Ing

I've uninstalled the previous version (ADX and ADX OL Extensions) and I've installed 3.5.1872 Premium (with 0910 OL Extensions).

I created a brand new ADX Addin Project, with nothing in it, i.e. just the base Addin Module code the wizard creates. It compiles fine.

When I try to ADX Register (from the VS solution menu) I get back nothing (no progress bar, no 'suceeded' msgbox). Looking in the registry shows that it was not registered correctly. The project is registered for COM Interop, but nothing exists under the Outlook Addins keys (i.e. it compiles, registers as a COM object, but has not been registered with Outlook).

If I open up one of the demo projects or one of my existing projects, then the ADX Register or Unregister works fine.

I'm using VS2003 (7.1.6030) with .NET 1.1 (1.1.4322 SP1).

I've tried it with and without a Loader or interop assemblies or signing.

I was creating a new project to send you some tests that had failed in the new build, but now I am a bit stuck.

Ideas?
Posted 22 May, 2007 10:52:55 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi David.

I can't reproduce the issue.
Could you please send me the project? I will test it.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them. Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 22 May, 2007 11:53:02 Top
David Ing

Hi Sergey,

Bit of a strange one. I noticed that the directories and sub-directories of the new solution all had the 'Read only' attribute set on them (/bin, /Loader etc). The files themselves do not (i.e. AddinModule.cs) though.

When I removed the 'ReadOnly' attribute from the top-level directory (and selected to apply to all childredn), then tried again, it all worked fine. It's as if a file was locked?

Anyway, further 'magic' now is it works consistently regardless of what I do. So I am back ok...
Posted 22 May, 2007 12:02:00 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

David, thank you for the notification.
Posted 22 May, 2007 12:32:26 Top