Trap save event for an Outlook 2007 contact

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Christian Beach

I have an ADX Outlook Form that I have added as a region for contacts within Outlook 2007. This form allows the user to input additional information that gets stored in XML along with the Outlook contact data, but I'm running into a problem in trying to fire off an event to save the form data. How do I trap the Save event for a contact using Add-in Express? I tried using the contact's Write event but it only fires if the base Outlook data changes. Thanks.

Christian
Posted 15 May, 2007 10:49:48 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Hello Christian,

Please, try to emulate changing a built-in Outlook field, say contact.FirstName = contact.FirstName

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 16 May, 2007 12:46:53 Top
Christian Beach

That seems to work when connected but if running disconnected it is intermittent. Is there a way to trap or override the "Save and Close" button click rather than relying on the contact.write event?

Christian
Posted 17 May, 2007 12:16:24 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Posted 18 May, 2007 05:29:36 Top
Christian Beach

Thanks for the quick reply. Some of that works but the button events don't fire from the ribbon button. Would I need to change the way it is referencing the buttons to trap the event of a ribbon button in Outlook 2007?

Christian
Posted 18 May, 2007 15:09:35 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Christian.

The current version of Add-in Express doesn't provide the Ribbon version of the ADXBuiltInControl component. So you can't connect to the 'Save and Close' button in the Ribbon UI. But we will add this feature in the next version of the product.
Posted 21 May, 2007 06:49:55 Top