Creating a Proper Reply / Reply-All Handler

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Creating a Proper Reply / Reply-All Handler

Richard Plana

I use Add-In Express to capture and override the Default Outlook Reply / Reply-All Handler. Unfortunately, I can't seem to emulate the original event handler. Here's how I handle the event:

private void adxBuiltIn_Reply_Action(object sender)
{
    Outlook.MailItem orig = replyGetMailItem(); // Custom function I wrote to get mail from Inspector or Explorer
    if (orig != null)
    {
        Outlook.MailItem mail = ((Outlook._MailItem)orig).Reply();
        mail.Display(true);
    }
}

The above handler seems to create a reply message to the selected email, but it doesn't seem to work properly. First, when I try to send the email, the email pane closes but the Inspector itself remains open. I have to manually close the Composer window.

Second, the mail doesn't seem to get sent using any of the email profiles I have configured (I usually use IMAP/SMTP). I just get a message in my "Personal Folders" / Inbox stating I have an "Undelivarable" message. The error message doesn't seem to come from any email server, the headers don't show anything (so it's probably local).
--

Richi
Posted 14 May, 2007 14:09:09 Top
Richard Plana

Not sure if it's relevant, but I put in an ADXOlForm in the RightSubpane of the Mail Inspector object and put in a WebBrowser object in that subpane. Would this cause the Inspector not to close after sending the message?
Posted 14 May, 2007 14:40:53 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Hi Richard,

Please give me more information so that I will be able to help you.

What Outlook version do you use?
What Add-In Express version do you use?
Is Word set as the default email editor?
Could you please send your project (or some test project with the same behavior) to the support email?
Posted 15 May, 2007 05:06:22 Top