Missing Shim project

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Missing Shim project

Eugene Starostin

ADX Team
Add-in Express team

Phil,

I have but there appear to be a lot of properties (seen in the VS Object Browser) that are not mentioned in the PDF.

Yes, we do not change our documentation between public versions.
Look at Premium News

Please note that all documentations including Developer's Guide, Class Reference, help files and webpages are altered on public releases only.
Posted 01 Feb, 2005 05:13:01 Top
Philip Street

Eugene,

Ahhh, ok, fair enough. :-)

So, we can expect updated documentation with the next public release, which is version 2.2 due out this month(ish)?

Cheers,

Phil
Posted 01 Feb, 2005 06:37:40 Top
Philip Street

Eugene,

The only curious thing in Outlook is that the menu completely disappears when I select a folder type other then Mail...

Just to clarify, what I meant by this is that the entire menu disappears, not just my custom menu option, e.g. I am left with just the toolbar and no "File|View|Go|Tools|Actions|Help" menu.

I thought the ItemTypes menu governs when my custom menu appears, and not the rest of the menu (as above).

Cheers,

Phil
Posted 01 Feb, 2005 06:43:24 Top
Eugene Starostin

ADX Team
Add-in Express team

So, we can expect updated documentation with the next public release, which is version 2.2 due out this month(ish)?

Yes for the documentation but no for 2.2. It will be published in February.
Posted 01 Feb, 2005 06:56:10 Top
Eugene Starostin

ADX Team
Add-in Express team

Just to clarify, what I meant by this is that the entire menu disappears, not just my custom menu option, e.g. I am left with just the toolbar and no "File|View|Go|Tools|Actions|Help" menu.

Oh... It turns out to be the main menu!

Could you please describe the situation in detail. But it will be better if you send us your project.
Posted 01 Feb, 2005 06:59:20 Top
Philip Street

Project - the sample add-in, the one (http://www.add-in-express.com/files/SampleAddIn.zip) that you originally supplied.

Here's the situation;
1) Open SampleAddIn project, Build and Register COM Add-in.
2) Open Outlook.
3) Click on mail folder, e.g. Inbox.
4) Click on non-mail folder, e.g. Contacts. The "File|View|Go|Tools|Actions|Help" menu should disappear completely.

If it doesn't then there's something wierd going on.

Cheers,

Phil
Posted 01 Feb, 2005 07:13:12 Top
Eugene Starostin

ADX Team
Add-in Express team

Phil,

Yes, I have just reproduced the problem. But you should try to check all item types to prevent the main menu from disappearing.

It seems we must fix this but I ask myself if somebody will hide built-in command bars by his add-ins...
Posted 01 Feb, 2005 07:43:58 Top
Philip Street

Eugene,

Yes, I have just reproduced the problem. But you should try to check all item types to prevent the main menu from disappearing.

OK, I could do that.

I ask myself if somebody will hide built-in command bars by his add-ins...

I'm not sure what you mean.

The purpose of our Outlook add-in is to allow a user to "archive" an e-mail into an external secure storage mechanism. Hence, I only wanted our custom menu option to appear when they have a mail folder selected.

I suppose I could disable my custom menu option when the user selects a non-mail folder, but I thought it would look better if the custom menu option simply does not appear.

Phil
Posted 01 Feb, 2005 08:12:47 Top
Eugene Starostin

ADX Team
Add-in Express team

I suppose I could disable my custom menu option when the user selects a non-mail folder, but I thought it would look better if the custom menu option simply does not appear.

We have just discussed the issue. We will add the code that will allow us to avoid the problem with menu bar only but not with other built-in command bars.

Phil, could you please open a new topic for each incident :-)
Posted 01 Feb, 2005 08:34:32 Top
Philip Street

Eugene,

Excellent! I look forward to making of this new feature! I don't want to hassle you at all, but do you have an idea which version (i.e. when) you would add this code?

Incident - sorry, just got carried away a bit! I shall create a new thread relating to this issue.

Many thanks,

Phil

Posted 01 Feb, 2005 08:41:57 Top