Looking to use a commercial Windows installer, seeking advice

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Looking to use a commercial Windows installer, seeking advice
Out of the box Windows Installer Project couldn't handle DLL Purgatory 
bobcalco

I'm looking to move my installer to Advanced Installer, and wondering if anyone else has successfully configured it to install Add-In Express add-ins.

I would also like a reminder where to find how to configure third-party installers correctly.

The Windows Installer project that ADX created from my Add-In project worked fine for installing the Add-In; but it ran into problems with multiple artifacts of my project besides the add-in. As we know with Hawkings-like certainty there is no such thing as DLL Hell, I must have been experiencing DLL Purgatory, in which the installer delivered applications with slightly not-right dependencies even though the release builds of the applications worked fine locally.

So I am trying to port to Advanced Installer but its wizard looks like it didn't quite do it right, and their tech support is so far not very responsive.

Any assistance appreciated.
Posted 06 Apr, 2022 11:23:46 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Bob,

They provide an instruction at https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-guide/qa-addin-express-installation.html. You use it to manually create such a setup project. Other Add-in Express customers used this instruction and it worked without issue.

Regards from Poland (CEST),

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 07 Apr, 2022 02:47:58 Top