Office Inactive Application Add-In

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Office Inactive Application Add-In
Addin disabled when installed using Group Policy 
Alessandro Gasparini

In need help with the installation of the addin using Group Policy.
My addin is developed as per-user installation, and it gets installed, but when I open Word it doesn't show up and it's disabled.
I can find the LogicalDOC add-in in the add-in list in Word, however, it is an inactive application and I cannot activate it (see screenshot).
User added an image
Posted 10 Jun, 2021 03:59:48 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Alessandro,

When the installer runs, it invokes adxregistrator.exe: it registers the add-in and creates a log file.

By default, an add-in installer deploys and invokes adxregistrator.exe: it registers the add-in and creates (or updates) an adxregistrator.log file the default location of which is %temp%\{AssemblyProduct attribute; see AssemblyInfo}\adxregistrator.log in the profile of the user who runs the installer.

Similarly, whenever an Office application tries to load your add-in, an adxloader.log is created/updated; it?Â?Ð?és default location is %temp%\{AssemblyProduct attribute; see AssemblyInfo}\adxloader.log in the profile of the user who starts the Office application.

Send me both log files to the support email address; find it in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt; please make sure your email contains a link to this topic.

If the adxloader.log is missing, check section 'Troubleshooting add-in loading'; see the PDF file in the folder {Add-in Express}\Docs on your development PC.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 10 Jun, 2021 07:12:58 Top